Brush: RV Remembering Sue ‘22
Bowl: CC Rolled Copper
Soap & A/S: Declaration Grooming Sellout
Have a great day y’all! 😃🤙
1C61DE44-A4AD-4BB5-BCFA-56C9FF21E888.jpeg

Mostly Modern May '23 on FrankenMuhle Monday

Cream: Lucky Tiger Liquid Cream Shave
Razor/Blade:
Face/Neck/Head - Frankenrazer Grand Shave King top cap, Rocca baseplate, Ti Blackbird handle w/ Personna Lab
Alum: Omega stick
Aftershave:
Face/Neck - DIY Snake Bite
Head/Neck - Nivea Sensitive

I present to you the Grand Shave Rocca Bird.
full

10/10

A grand shave. This was an interesting shave too. With this combo the angle of shaving was very narrow. If I recall the Rocca with it's normal top cap was similar. There was a bit of blade feel but not harsh. Fairly efficient except when I got to my chin. Then I had to take several passes to clean up but it wasn't irritating which is good.

Modern May for Monday -

Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Treet (2)
Pre-shave: Razor Emporium pre-shave soap
Lather: RE Fireside soap
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

The Blackbird is pretty efficient, but I do have to watch the angle to avoid irritation. I ended up with a little bit of visible irritation along the jawline (nothing I can feel). Overall a good shave, though.

Modern May Monday shave

Razor: Henson Shaving AL13 +++ V2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap: Cella red, tub
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
Post shave: Omega alum block
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor'easter

I know when I pick up the Henson +++, it's going to be a good, easy shave. Today's shave proved that, once again.
This was a three pass shave. No issues, no blood, no irritation. Just a terrific shave, great way to start out the week.

10/10 BBS

I hope your week is a good one and enjoy your shaves!

SOTD MAY 22nd
May 2023 GRUME
Modern May 2023

Hello friends

The goatee I got for the little domestic accident I had, has become respectable…Today I shaved with La Toja and Semogue SOC Finest, what a stupendous lather! After some time I returned to the Rockwell 6C (5) with Gillette Nacet (4). I finished with Lilac Vegetal, the King of Cat’s Pee. I started the week very well.

Together with me, Frank in the iconic Only The Lonely.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

52A1716A-31DC-4B84-A614-4B985FC0B9AA.jpeg
IMG_8582.jpeg

Razor: Lupo 72 -- 26g Aluminum handle
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (4th and done)
Soap: A&E Peach & Cognac
Brush: TGN badger knot in carved antler
Splash: A&E Peach & Cognac

The peach and apricot trees in the backyard have fruit on them already. Nowhere near ripe yet of course but it has me feeling fruitful -- or would that be fruity? :letterk1: Love this A&E set.

I have had the Lupo (and a Game Changer too) for a few months but never really got on with either of them until I realized the Bulldog and Super Knurl handles are just way, way too heavy for these light heads. I tried a few different handles and found the perfect balance (for me) with this Aluminum handle that @blantyre made. Excellent little handle and I feel really lucky to have one. I think he could go into business with these handles :)

1684777684519.png

May 22

Razor: Fatip OC Slant w/ wood handle
Blade: 7 O'clock Green (Super Stainless)
Brush: Omega Jade premium boar
P/S: PAA Ice Cube (as stick)
Soap: Provence Sante Green Tea
A/S: Tuff Green splash (unscented) + Osage Rub
A/S: Provence Sante Green Tea aftershave

DFS++

This was a close and comfortable combo.

IMG_5014.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

Razor: O.R.E.N. 24k gold-dipped (level 3)
Blade: Feather Professional Artist Club ProGuard Blade

Soap: Hoffman's Shave & Soap Co. The Dragon
Brush: Van Der Hagen Pure Badger
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

Enter, The Dragon... Hahaha. Come on. I just had to do it. The fruit was hanging too low.

If you don't know what this label is about then you're either very young or are missing the gene for liking badass martial arts movies. Either way, you're not going to want to miss out on this shaving soap.

Its scent notes are bamboo, pear, apple, orange, rosewood, sandalwood, jasmine, and musk. When I read this I was immediately interested. Some woods, some musk, and some fruits that include pear! My interest was piqued for sure!

Now that I've used it. If I had to boil this one down I'd say it's a beautifully balanced cologne type. When I say beautifully balanced I really mean it. The Dragon is a fantastic fragrance that smells like a sophisticated, sexy, modern-day cologne.

The woods, jasmine, musk and fruit notes all come together in an elegant accord. The bamboo and pear notes are really good. Then there are the jasmine and apple notes that follows. I genuinely like this fragrance and will most definitely be picking up the aftershave when I can. I'm also seriously considering the EdP as well. It's just that good!

I did a three-pass shave with my lovely Artist Club O.R.E.N. And at level three with a ProGuard blade I find it to be an efficient sweet spot for obtaining a great shave.

Seeing as I don't yet have the matching aftershave, I opted for some tried and true Lucky Tiger aftershave / face tonic. It did a nice job of soothing my skin, capping off this training session. I mean shave.

I entered the dojo, trained with a sharp tool then walked out a better man.

Take care my my friend and enjoy your shaves.

Today’s Modern razor shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.

Razor: RR SLOC

Blade: Schick Germany, A very good paring with the SLOC

Soap/cream: RR Puros

Brush: Simpson Eagle G3 super badger
Balm: Nivea sensitive cooling post shave balm

Aftershave: RR Puros

BBS

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Modern May 2023
Razor: Lambda Athena (TiBam Radiator Titanium Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief B&B 2023 Contributors Brush (Paladin 26mm Two-band Synthetic Semi-Bulb/Hybrid knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20230522_140419~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12252260

Date23.05.2023
365 daily shaves / GRUYERE143/365 (100%)
143/363 (99%)
GRUME May / Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
23/29 (94%)
23/31 (100%)
Modern May18/31
(84%)

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCL
Gillette Black (13+14)Kox Blue Synthetic
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
WTG XTG
ATG
1. Cold splash
2. KCG Face Wash
3. Proraso Green preshave
4. Cold splash
5. Aftershave
6. Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
6.5/10 (DFS-)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

Every time I pick up one of my razors my eyes are automatically drawn to this razor - and at times I feel a little uncomfortable not shaving with it daily. And then again using it is always like coming home and brings me just time of pure and utter joy.

Today is no different as it slides over my skin - both face and head shaves were amazingly smooth.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D561ED38-15FA-4C48-819D-D3ED5FB542A2.jpeg

Modern May Shave Number Twenty Three.
1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) China: Razor Jack the Barber DE Razor.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.

Top Bottom