Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
20230530_075614.jpg

Modern May for Wednesday -

Razor: 'Merica
Blade: Zorrik (3)
Pre-shave: Proraso white
Lather: Proraso green
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Cool balm (with menthol powder)

The Proraso soap isn't a top performer for me, but the pre-shave is good. Without the pre-shave I would probably get irritation using the soap alone. Got a good shave with the pre-shave underneath it, though.

Modern May was fun. Enjoy your shaves!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I finished up Modern May with a lovely Wolfman shave. It's been a mixed bag month... too much travel but getting new teeth as a result. Too many cramped, long plane rides... the longest being 13 hours in the cattle car section of the plane.... yet seeing a million dollar view for 6 weeks in a row.

I had some great shaves while we were in Bali with either my Green Cult 2.0 Level 2 or my ATT X1 AC Slant razor but it was nice to be back home to more familiar surroundings and the comfort of my SV Brushes and today... the Wolfman WR2 0.95 with 3.7 Hybrid 90mm hollow handle, all in Bronze.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Modern May 2023
Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal CH1 (Windsor Stainless Cap, CH1 Copper Base, TiBam Radiator Titanium Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
20230530_152326~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12263699

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tonight’s opulent and stupendous shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC on PAA el Fantasma handle
Feather Pro-Super (6)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Titanium UHD 28mm synthetic brush 55/100
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola, bowl-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Last day of Modern May. Shaved. Now watching animé. Used more soap than yesterday and used lots of water. Somehow, my whiskers felt tougher with the richer lather. Got better at going lighter. Not perfectly between my Adam’s apple and chin, but otherwise improved. Happy Razor Fun Time for the win!

Thank you, @jason2 !

Evening, just getting in under the wire for the end of Modern May,

Razor: Razorock Aluminum Lupo (Gold)
Blade: Minora (3)
Soap: Razorock the Dead Sea
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

Just a really nice, easy, close shave tonight. This razor, at this price, is a steal.

Really enjoyed participating in Modern May, thanks @jason2 and hope you all have a good June.

Cheers

Top Bottom