What's new

Mirrors!

What mirrors to you folks like to use for a shave. Is it the small round portable ones, the ones that have one side magnified, a basic mirror hung on the wall or a mirror thats on your bathroom cabinet. I use the latter, i bought a nice big one a few years ago, mirrors on both doors with plenty of space to store some swag:wink2:

My entire wall in my bathroom is a mirror above the sink :/ . I don't honestly like it. I'd rather have a smaller mirror or two and then a spot where I could put another mirror that I could pull out to shave the back of my head. My cabinet is also hanging on the left side of my counter and covers a good foot of the mirror anyways.

That said, I am in the process of finding a place to get it cut, this is what they did in another one of our bathrooms, they just cut the mirror to your specs and then you can hang it like that or add a cabinet or whatever. My thought was to basically have it so I had;

---------- --------- ----------
| | | | | |
| cabinet| | mirror | | mirror |
| | | | | |
---------- --------- ----------

Of course not necessarily square and not necessarily in that order, but I have to sit down and take more than the 30 seconds it took me to "draw" that out lol. It might be nice to have one of the mirror be magnified just for some of the more detail oriented areas as well? My largest issue is coming up with something that fits with the rest of my bathroom but is modern and clean (the design style I prefer).

I have the pull-out, accordion version screwed to the side of a kitchen cabinet (I shave in the kitchen). I love the functionality and the retro feel of it

__
Alexander

Bathroom (medicine) cabinet ... thinking of getting one of those pull-outs like Sikander has - regular on 1 side & magnified on other.

I also shave in my bedroom, Why? Were do you shave? The kitchen?........................................................JR

Well it seems as though Sikandar does lol. Not laughing at you Sikandar just laughing at how Fine Wine chose the kitchen as his sarcastic question ;) .

Funny, it seems as though there are as many different places to shave as there are methods lol.

I just use the mirror on my medicine cabinet, which is right above my sink. I do apply an anti-fog agent to it every 2 weeks or so to keep it nice and clear during shaves.

I have a round mirror that swivels and tilts. I don't like the magnified side of the mirror as you have to stand too close for it to focus properly.

A question I've been meaning to ask as well. I don't like to use my reading glasses while shaving, so I use a magnifying travel mirror in makeshift locations (so as not to impose on others who may need to use the bathroom). I had a 4x that I loved until it was accidentally broken. So I ordered this 5x from Amazon.fr, but it's too powerful.

Attachments

• $Travel mirror.jpg
    $Travel mirror.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 82
I use a mirror that attaches to the wall and swings out.
One side is magnified, but I don't use it for shaving.
I just use the regular side.
I like it because I can put it exactly where I want it and angle it.

I use the cabinet mirror in my bathroom.
I've been meaning to install this really cool mirror I picked up from Ikea for $5.
proxy.php

:idea:
After finding this picture, I believe I may have resolved my dilemma...hahaha

Well it seems as though Sikandar does lol. Not laughing at you Sikandar just laughing at how Fine Wine chose the kitchen as his sarcastic question ;) .

Funny, it seems as though there are as many different places to shave as there are methods lol.
Panda...............who me, sarcastic? I thought it was a legitimate question.:frown2::frown2::frown2:

I use the cabinet mirror in my bathroom.
I've been meaning to install this really cool mirror I picked up from Ikea for $5.
proxy.php

After finding this picture, I believe I may have resolved my dilemma...hahaha

That is the precise model I am using.

Don't worry, I took no offense at the kitchen comment; I shave in the kitchen, as it is the only place with a sink in my apartment. (I live in an old, rather small apartment in Copenhagen)

__
Alexander

Top Bottom