What's new

5x magnifying mirror overkill?

I’ve been using a generic six inch diameter 2x telescoping wall mounted shaving mirror for several years now, but lately have been reaching for my reading glasses for certain areas.

I like to be able to see my whole face while shaving, so would not be interested in using a mirror less than six inches (15 cm) in diameter.

Online (haven’t been able to physically see one locally) 3x and 4x mirrors are available are available but 5x seem to be more plentiful.

My question for you guys is if the refection on a 6-8 inch 5x mirror of ”funhouse” type?

The only other magnified mirrors I’ve seen in person are 8x and 10x strength makeup mirrors and completely unsuited to shaving…full blown funhouse 🤡

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am not sure. Not at the magnifying mirror stage for shaving yet but it won’t be long and I will have to wear my glasses for shaving. The old eye sight seems to be diminishing quickly with age. If the mirror is cheap enough I would give it a go, nothing lost if it is not what you are looking for.

…it won’t be long and I will have to wear my glasses for shaving. The old eye sight seems to be diminishing quickly with age...

Don’t hesitate to get one, they are sooooo useful. I was able to use my 2x mirror for five or six years before feeling the need to upgrade it.

It’s not only useful for shaving, but also the control of super-charged ear hair, nose hair and eyebrows. What you loose on top you gain there…a total ripoff!:001_tongu

I would not want to see my face that close up (see below)

IMG_2849.jpg

Top Bottom