What's new

Micromatic Passaround - Try one out and Join Micromatic Mondays!

Day 2 Razor and Blade.

Bullet tip has given me a very nice shave again. Showing to be better then the featherlight again today.

KM

Day 4.

Got greedy.

Was in shower and realized my growth was less as yesterday was such a great shave.

I thought I could get away with a 2 pass shave. I went top/down and then down/top. I skipped my middle pass of right to left.

I ended up having to go back and do a right to left pass. Which I hurried out of frustration. No burn or irritation just have a couple random whiskers that weren't cut.

KM

Day 5.

Back to the standard passes.

Back to a great shave. Maybe the best one yet.

Getting to be a bit of a broken record.

KM

New week new razor. I grabbed the Open Comb with a fresh blade.

I did not mesh with this razor. A bunch of Nick's. A bunch of irritation.

I didn't shave yesterday morning, I shaved in the evening. So it was only about 12 hours of growth but I could tell it was much more agressive compared to the previous razor.

I will use this set up tomorrow and if it doesn't improve I will move on.

KM

Day 2.

Quite a bit better then yesterday. This thing shaves soo close!! Not a lot of irritation but some. I can see where people would like this razor but I am thinking it isn't for me. It doesn't have a big margin of error which is bad for me.

Now I think I will try to use the razor for the week and see if I can figure out how to make it work.

KM

I believe it is "bumpless" but I can check if I get home over my noon hour today or tonite. After looking at pictures I don't remember seeing the bumps in there but again I will double check.

KM

We have bumps...

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_121731.jpg
    IMG_20200217_121731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
We have bumps...
Yep, you would've knocked mover with a feather if it had been a fully "chromed" bumpless MMOC -- only seen 'em bare naked brass. I'm glad you're giving this razor a week, it still may not be your fave, but I predict you will like it at least a little better with more use. You should definitely stop by the Micromatic Monday thread.

Day 3.

Confession... I enjoyed the shave. I don't have the angles right yet around the adams apple and angling back from there yet as it have some irritation. The rest of my face is smooth. The shave was enjoyable.

This thing has a chance to be a great razor yet...

KM

Day 4.

Again. Very fine shave. It is still a bit "aggressive" for me personally. Is "too efficient" a thing? If so this is that razor for me.

If you don't have sensitive skin I can see a person really getting along with razor.

KM

So this is day 5.

This thing shaves Soo close. It honestly is too much for me.

Saying that, more then 75% of the shaving area is great. I am struggling around my Adams apple and the area that extends backwards from the bottom of my Adams apple. Also probably under my nose is a little tricky and I have a small mole to work around.

I am tempted to throw the blade in the bullet tip and start Sunday with a fresh blade and the last razor.

I may do it Friday and Saturday so those areas get a bit of a break because they have some bumps and irritation that isn't going away because they get messed with everyday.

I will say it again though. This thing is impressive when the angles are right. Smoothest, closest shave ever on my cheeks and chin.

KM

So this is day 5.

This thing shaves Soo close. It honestly is too much for me.

Saying that, more then 75% of the shaving area is great. I am struggling around my Adams apple and the area that extends backwards from the bottom of my Adams apple. Also probably under my nose is a little tricky and I have a small mole to work around.

I am tempted to throw the blade in the bullet tip and start Sunday with a fresh blade and the last razor.

I may do it Friday and Saturday so those areas get a bit of a break because they have some bumps and irritation that isn't going away because they get messed with everyday.

I will say it again though. This thing is impressive when the angles are right. Smoothest, closest shave ever on my cheeks and chin.

KM

I hear you! I definitely do NOT have sensitive skin, but my MMOCs taught me a lot about controlling the angle and using a very light touch before I started getting the comfortable shaves I’d heard were possible. The lessons made all of my older Gem razors much more effective as well.

Sorry folks, I have taken day 6 and 7 off from the MMOC.

I tossed the blade back into my 1912 and have done today and will do tomorrow with that. This will give me a bit of a break before going into the last razor the ClogPruf.

I will report back then... Unless and grab it tomorrow morning, then I will be back sooner with am update.

KM

Top Bottom