What's new

Micromatic Monday

Such abuse of an historic razor. :117:

I'm afraid I don't share your feelings on inanimate objects! Not to get too deep, but if you bought me the razor as a gift or loaned it to me, then I could understand your feelings. But since I bought it along with several other MMOC's, I don't understand. Not that it matters, but the Micromatic's are a dime a dozen, I don't see them becoming rare in my life time.

I'm afraid I don't share your feelings on inanimate objects! Not to get too deep, but if you bought me the razor as a gift or loaned it to me, then I could understand your feelings. But since I bought it along with several other MMOC's, I don't understand. Not that it matters, but the Micromatic's are a dime a dozen, I don't see them becoming rare in my life time.
Sorry, I was only joking :001_tt2:

Absent your customary "thanks for joining me on Micromatic Monday", I couldn't tell it was a joke. :idea:

No apologies necessary!
I’ll be more explicit next time. Anyway, how did you file the comb? “Thanks for joining me on Micromatic Monday. :a14:

Posting a better pic of the MMOC SOTD !
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hey, might try that instead of a straight razor.

No guard will teach you the true meaning of light touch.

The MMNC really shines on my cheeks and neck. My chin and above my lip is a totally different story. That stubble is more coarse. I managed to mow it down without blood loss, but it wasn't very comfortable, the safeties on is better for that area.

Well, seems I musta jinxed myself. Earlier today someone was posting about getting nicks in an area with very little "beard". One of my suggestions was that maybe he just gets going to fast in the sparse area. Well, about an inch under my right earlobe, were very little hair grows, after successfully doing my right side of cheek, jawline, throat, and all of my neck, except for under my ear, I guess I got cocky. Now going with a full head of steam, this aggressive ( :a13: ) razor bites me for no reason. Worse cut so far shaving, had to styptic twice about two minutes apart. First time I stopped shaving in the middle of a pass to stop blood flow.

And now for the boring part of the story(said in Paul Harvey's voice):
Pre-shave: 3 hot towels scented with spearmint and eucalyptus, 1 each following lather of failed shave soaps, CVS version of Noxzema, and Proraso Pre-shave Cream.
Razor: 1912 GEM
Blade: GEM Stainless
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence's Cade
Brush: Klenzo B1053 for failed soaps, rehandled AoS starter badger brush for Noxzema, Luxury 10-5 for Cade
After-shave: T. N. Dickenson's Witch Hazel doctored with Eucalyptus EO and Menthol salts, Blade for Men (CVS) Arctic Blue
Method: 2 pass shave, mostly WTG and ATG that agree with major planes of my face
Results: DFS, missing BBS shave under jaw line and center of throat

Well, seems I musta jinxed myself. Earlier today someone was posting about getting nicks in an area with very little "beard". One of my suggestions was that maybe he just gets going to fast in the sparse area. Well, about an inch under my right earlobe, were very little hair grows, after successfully doing my right side of cheek, jawline, throat, and all of my neck, except for under my ear, I guess I got cocky. Now going with a full head of steam, this aggressive ( :a13: ) razor bites me for no reason. Worse cut so far shaving, had to styptic twice about two minutes apart. First time I stopped shaving in the middle of a pass to stop blood flow.

And now for the boring part of the story(said in Paul Harvey's voice):
Pre-shave: 3 hot towels scented with spearmint and eucalyptus, 1 each following lather of failed shave soaps, CVS version of Noxzema, and Proraso Pre-shave Cream.
Razor: 1912 GEM
Blade: GEM Stainless
Soap: L'Occitane en Provence's Cade
Brush: Klenzo B1053 for failed soaps, rehandled AoS starter badger brush for Noxzema, Luxury 10-5 for Cade
After-shave: T. N. Dickenson's Witch Hazel doctored with Eucalyptus EO and Menthol salts, Blade for Men (CVS) Arctic Blue
Method: 2 pass shave, mostly WTG and ATG that agree with major planes of my face
Results: DFS, missing BBS shave under jaw line and center of throat

Sorry for experiences today, but thank you for participating. I've also gotten bit with the "Gleaner" once by being a bit over confident.

No guard will teach you the true meaning of light touch.

The MMNC really shines on my cheeks and neck. My chin and above my lip is a totally different story. That stubble is more coarse. I managed to mow it down without blood loss, but it wasn't very comfortable, the safeties on is better for that area.
Was there a safety razor produced without a guard?

Was there a safety razor produced without a guard?
I've seen a very nasty looking medical prep razor posted here before. Looked like a 3 piece razor with one piece missing, the base plate :a31:

Monty Python rabbit scene from "The Holy Grail"

"but it had huge fangs"

Today used my G bar and was smooth shave although a bit rushed and wasn't as BBS as the previous instances. Although the bullet tip is my prefered one.

What I have found was that the blades last me for 2-3 shaves max and for today bI had to change a 2 day blade mid 1st pass.

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

Today used my G bar and was smooth shave although a bit rushed and wasn't as BBS as the previous instances. Although the bullet tip is my prefered one.

What I have found was that the blades last me for 2-3 shaves max and for today bI had to change a 2 day blade mid 1st pass.

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

Thank you for joining yesterday. I believe the blade I used yesterday was loosing it's sharpness also. I have a stainless and a carbon one left from the sample I bought from Try A Blade. What brand of blades are you using?

Top Bottom