What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

That means that you will heal quickly. :lol:

What type of steel is it? How long? What is the Rockwell hardness? How much does it weigh?

And, it is beautiful!

Ha-ha the Ino 270mm White #2 Honyaki Wa-Gyuto and its pretty hard,63-64 hrc the blade is diferentialy tempered.

Measurements:
  • Handle Length- 143.0mm
  • Handle Height- 28.5mm
  • Handle Width- 23.9mm
  • Handle to Tip Length- 274.0mm
  • Heel to Tip Length- 263.0mm
  • Blade Height at Heel- 51.5mm
  • Width of Spine at Handle- 2.85mm
  • Width of Spine Above heel- 2.75mm
  • Width of Spine at Middle- 2.4mm
  • Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip- 1.4mm
  • Blade Thickness at 1/2 way between the Spine and Edge- 2.3mm
  • Weight- 227g
The Shigefusa 300mm Kasumi Yanagiba uses a Swedish steel for his knives.

I dont have all the specs for it handy, but is a very hard knife.

Ha-ha the Ino 270mm White #2 Honyaki Wa-Gyuto and its pretty hard,63-64 hrc the blade is diferentialy tempered.

Measurements:
  • Handle Length- 143.0mm
  • Handle Height- 28.5mm
  • Handle Width- 23.9mm
  • Handle to Tip Length- 274.0mm
  • Heel to Tip Length- 263.0mm
  • Blade Height at Heel- 51.5mm
  • Width of Spine at Handle- 2.85mm
  • Width of Spine Above heel- 2.75mm
  • Width of Spine at Middle- 2.4mm
  • Width of Spine about 1cm from the tip- 1.4mm
  • Blade Thickness at 1/2 way between the Spine and Edge- 2.3mm
  • Weight- 227g
The Shigefusa 300mm Kasumi Yanagiba uses a Swedish steel for his knives.

I dont have all the specs for it handy, but is a very hard knife.

Very nice. Thank you Jim.

Hold it, hold it, hold it....... You have been here long enough to know you cannot drop a bomb like that with no explanation or photos!

Last page of the "What's for Dinner?" thread :biggrin1:. Here are links to both of my posts.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2352568&postcount=247

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2353591&postcount=250

I should have an instructable up soon. If possible/permitted, I'll upload a how-to to a B&B wiki.

Photo-teaser:

proxy.php

A few maniacs ran through Manhattan yesterday,

This stuff followed me home-

full

12" De Buyer fry pan, Analog fry thermometer,Sanituff cutting board (wife friendly size), steamer basket, Wusthof fish spatula.

A good Day indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of bench strops Jim put together for me, plus an IR thermometer and a veg peeler from a neat cooking supply store in NYC.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In retrospect, I should have bought that carbon pan. Now we have to go there again.

I would suggest steaming the bamboo steamer for about ten minutes before using it the first time to blast off any dust or factory nastiness. You can steam items on a plate, but if you want to put the food directly in the baskets, it's best to lay them on a leaf of lettuce or cabbage.

In retrospect, I should have bought that carbon pan. Now we have to go there again.

I would suggest steaming the bamboo steamer for about ten minutes before using it the first time to blast off any dust or factory nastiness. You can steam items on a plate, but if you want to put the food directly in the baskets, it's best to lay them on a leaf of lettuce or cabbage.
:thumbup:

A few maniacs ran through Manhattan yesterday,

This stuff followed me home-

full

12" De Buyer fry pan, Analog fry thermometer,Sanituff cutting board (wife friendly size), steamer basket, Wusthof fish spatula.

A good Day indeed!

Have you used De Buyer carbon before? I am intrigued by them. Was in Williams-Sonoma buying some Staub (very nice sale right now for instance I picked up the 12 inch fry pan for $99 and a 6 qt DO for $60 less) and saw the De Buyer mineral pans and want to learn more about them also. I had a De Buyer blue steel crepe pan and liked it, but never really used it.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you used De Buyer carbon before? I am intrigued by them. Was in Williams-Sonoma buying some Staub (very nice sale right now for instance I picked up the 12 inch fry pan for $99 and a 6 qt DO for $60 less) and saw the De Buyer mineral pans and want to learn more about them also. I had a De Buyer blue steel crepe pan and liked it, but never really used it.

Michael

Michael,
I do have a couple of steel pans from other manufactures, this one is much heavier and is a working replacement for a thinner one.
I am a fan.:thumbup1:
JB Prince carries them.

Top Bottom