What's new

Merkur blades - why so expensive

To keep this thread from falling off the rails any further.... Doesn't Merkur put a pack of blades in with every razor they sell? If so, I'd say that might be the bulk of their sales, and the reason they produce them? Maybe I'm wrong and there are throngs of people who love them and willingly pay for them.... but I'd be surprised.

To keep this thread from falling off the rails any further.... Doesn't Merkur put a pack of blades in with every razor they sell? If so, I'd say that might be the bulk of their sales, and the reason they produce them? Maybe I'm wrong and there are throngs of people who love them and willingly pay for them.... but I'd be surprised.

Merkur bundles their blades with every razor they manufacture and sell.

The blades are good. They are sharp but they are not smooth as they are un-coated which is why they are sharp. Many take this as "harsh" but once you get a sharp un-coated blade under control the Merkur blades are pretty nice to shave with.

Like I said earlier, I have several hundred of them and they are a "regular" in my shave routine.

I just enjoy a little fun in the forum sometimes is all :yesnod:

My first 2 shaves so far are from the Merkur blade that came with my new 34c. Only blade I have tried so far. So far it has been ok, but at this point I think that is all ANY blade will be for me because I am just starting and getting my technique down. I think I will get a sampler and use them after I get better with my store brand ones.

Getting back to the TO's question: why so expensive? Well, why not if they sell at that price? It seems that Merkur does something right with their pricing or those blades would have disappeared.

Maybe they are expensive to keep people from buying them. If this blade were the only DE I'd ever tried I might have given up and grown a beard.

Top Bottom