What's new

Memory foam mattress vs inner spring mattress

The best bed I ever had was a baffled waterbed. Fiberglass or similar fibers were in the bladder which mitigated the waviness factor almost completely. Having a heater was really nice for wintertime. I would really like another one.

The best bed I ever had was a baffled waterbed. Fiberglass or similar fibers were in the bladder which mitigated the waviness factor almost completely. Having a heater was really nice for wintertime. I would really like another one.

I had a waveless waterbed for years and it was great. I did go back to a full motion waterbed because it was better for when you are not sleeping. :wink2:

I prefer gel memory foam mattresses for the comfort it delivers and the prices are also not too high, though it depends on particular brand.

I'm considering buying a new mattress but I don't trust these memory foam and latex mattresses for durability if they're anything like the pillows. Any thoughts by someone that has used them?
I've had a 10 inch memory foam mattress for over 4 years now and it is still in perfect condition. I use a mattress protector that I can take off and wash but other than that the structure of the bed is the same as when i bought it.

I hate being hot when I sleep. I've looked at some of the hybrid memory foam on top of springs, but I could tell laying on it in the store that it would still be too hot. I have a Simmons Beauty Rest that I quite like and would buy again.

I have a very basic Sleep Number with a third party gel memory foam topper. I think the topper has gone past it's useful life, just not as comfortable anymore. A new one should fix it.

My sister/bro-in-law, niece and a friend also have Sleep Number, all love it. My niece just got hers after resisting a switch from her box spring that she grew up with. She has fallen in love with her Sleep Number.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have a very basic Sleep Number with a third party gel memory foam topper. I think the topper has gone past it's useful life, just not as comfortable anymore. A new one should fix it.

My sister/bro-in-law, niece and a friend also have Sleep Number, all love it. My niece just got hers after resisting a switch from her box spring that she grew up with. She has fallen in love with her Sleep Number.
The great thing is that you can vary the pressure. I normally at 45. My back started hurting and I bumped it to 60 for a few days. It fixed me up. I have done this several times in the past

The great thing is that you can vary the pressure. I normally at 45.

I'm a stomach and side sleeper and 35 on our Sleep Number is perfect. My wife is a back and side sleeper and can fluctuate her side between 35-50 depending on her back.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm a stomach and side sleeper and 35 on our Sleep Number is perfect. My wife is a back and side sleeper and can fluctuate her side between 35-50 depending on her back.
Do to medical issues, I decided to get a split king adjustable base, so my wife can elevate without bugging me (and vice, versa occasionally). Because of the bases, the bed was pretty pricey, but it is the best money I have ever spent. I have bumped myself up to 55 or 60, and it is really helping my back out.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Do to medical issues, I decided to get a split king adjustable base, so my wife can elevate without bugging me (and vice, versa occasionally). Because of the bases, the bed was pretty pricey, but it is the best money I have ever spent. I have bumped myself up to 55 or 60, and it is really helping my back out.

No fear of getting caught under her side of the bed if she lowers it in the middle of the night? Are there special sheets for the bed or is it somehow like having two twin mattresses?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hasn’t happened in 4 years, so I must be doing right. Yes, split king uses two twin fitted sheets. The difference with the ones for the adjustable base is there is more elastic, and it goes further under the mattress to ensure it does pop off when adjusting. The Sleep Number sheet set for it goes for around $100. I need to look around for some replacements- I am sure someone sells them for a better price.

Top Bottom