What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Cruising along…
IMG_1891.jpeg
Finished with Musgo ASL

Wow how old is that stick, Rick?
I am not certain. Another member here saw that I very much enjoy the Portuguese products, and offered me a stick he found in Madeira at the back of a pharmacy shelf. So fortunate to acquire it! Tallow product with a warm spice scent. The Claus Porto shop in Porto has a few on display. I can’t imagine being lucky enough to find one in a store in Portugal now.

IMG_0067.jpeg

I am not certain. Another member here saw that I very much enjoy the Portuguese products, and offered me a stick he found in Madeira at the back of a pharmacy shelf. So fortunate to acquire it! Tallow product with a warm spice scent. The Claus Porto shop in Porto has a few on display. I can’t imagine being lucky enough to find one in a store in Portugal now.

View attachment 1852070
50s-60s?

💎 💎 💎 SOTD - “Unknown Gems" Theme Week - May 20th-26th, 2024 💎 💎 💎

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Cold Saturday for our standards. Perfect for roses. MdC Rose and Penhalingon’s Hammam Bouquet inspired me. Greencult 2.0 IV, GSB (3) and Semogue Pegasus Mistura. What a team, friends! I finished with Floïd Mentolado Suave.

In this memorable event, the magnificent Etta Jones in an album for the desert island.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

11F57BC8-7B96-43A8-A837-F69E55A0EAFD.jpeg
IMG_7155.jpeg

Day 25, 80.6% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

I used Opuntia for SV Saturday, along with other known good kit. Got the usual excellent bowl-lather, for an easy near-BBS.

Date26.05.2024
366 daily shaves
147/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84P SBSuper Max Blue Diamond (1)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (13)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Minor redness)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS+++)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Sunday called for a no did all comfort shave which is exactly up the alley for the Game Changer.

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

In!

20240526_170303.jpeg

Four weepers today, only. That's a good result for me and my face 😉 The Timeless Bronze .78 OC is a beautyful razor. But it's my most aggressive razor (it's sneaky in terms of biting without further warning)... I would have sold it already if there wasn't the .38 baseplate which hopefully will suit me way better. As some might recall I'm eagerly awaiting a friend of mine to import the plate to Germany. Bought the plate back in 2023.

I hope everyone's enjoying a relaxed Sunday!

Cheers, Comrades!

Last edited:
Top Bottom