What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in and probably the last shave of the month.
Pre-Shave: Warm Face Wash
Razor: Gold Dollar 66 6/8 straight
Brush: Boti Captain SHD Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mike’s Natural Soap Peppermint & Rosemary

Post-Shave: Alum Block
Lothur Calm splash
Bart’s Bonce ASB
Ach Brito Lavanda Cologne

Opted for some products that hadn’t been used in a while. Turned out to be a good idea. Slicknlather and a decent edge yielded probably my best shave on this journey with straights. No fuss or drama just a very smooth face with no irtitation.
Rolling into June GTUME fellas 😎😎😎😎. See most of you there

IMG_0805.jpeg

Day 27, 87.1% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Steel Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Tried using the steel Rockwell handle for a change, and it was better than I expected, despite the weight. I got one of those perfect bowl lathers, and had to make the rest of the shave live up to it.

A comfortable near-BBS.

Come on. Show us that limited edition R41. :c1:
Well. I don't think I'd ever polish my Mühle R 41 GT... 🤣

But instead, I decided to polish my TGS Bayonetta. 20 minutes of elbow grease work and some Dursol Shine cream. Easy peasy.

20240528_083103-01.jpeg

The "rough grainy" sandblasted surface is gone now. I like it better this way. 👍

One can still see the grainy structure if one zooms into the picture, but the surface feels super smooth now, just like a satin finish does feel 🤩👍

It's already been a great shaver in OEM status, but now it's even a looker imo. And the glide of the topcap seems to be improved.

SOTD:
20240527_110100-01-01.jpeg
Cheers!

PS: In.

Last edited:
Well. I don't think I'd ever polish my Mühle R 41 GT... 🤣

But instead, I decided to polish my TGS Bayonetta. 20 minutes of elbow grease work and some Dursol Shine cream. Easy peasy.

View attachment 1853405
The "rough grainy" sandblasted surface is gone now. I like it better this way. 👍

One can still see the grainy structure if one zooms into the picture, but the surface feels super smooth now, just like a satin finish does feel 🤩👍

It's already been a great shaver in OEM status, but now it's even a looker imo. And the glide of the topcap seems to be improved.

SOTD:
View attachment 1853402Cheers!

PS: In.
I didn't mean to polish the R41 limited edition. Just to show it to us mere mortals. :c1:

That thing about the cap on the Bayonetta is true. Not exactly the best gliding. But my hope is with time it will get smoother.

Date28.05.2024
366 daily shaves
149/366

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCLSuper Max Blue Diamond (3)Abe’s Brush Works Saturn Synbad
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (15)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
6.5/10 (Nick/Cut)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Blissful shave with the Timeless razor. Fantastically close and comfortable like I have grown accustomed to with this razor.

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Still in....

Morning shave - 5/24/24
Razor: RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (2/5) (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Very pleasant shave and I am starting to learn this razor. It does have a fair amount of blade feel, but it seems to be tamed. Very close and comfortable shave.

Morning shave - 5/25/24
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (3/5) (1)
Soap: Arko!
Brush: Maggard Timberwolf 18mm
Aftershave: Clubman Citrus Musk
Rating: 9.5/10, DFS+
Solid shave from a solid and safe razor. No issues what so ever. The name of the game is smooth. I had a few short stubble patches left, but it was not much.

Evening shave - 5/27/24
Razor: RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Ladas Stainless Steel (3/5) (2)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Rating: 10/10, BBS
What a nice shave to come back to at home after travelling! Super efficient shave and very smooth. No issues what so ever even with 60 hours worth of stubble.

I didn't mean to polish the R41 limited edition. Just to show it to us mere mortals. :c1:
Ah, now I see. Will do so, soon!
That thing about the cap on the Bayonetta is true. Not exactly the best gliding. But my hope is with time it will get smoother.
Don't wait... All you need is a cloth, 20 minutes of time and this stuff (might be available off your local 'zone).

20240528_134723-01.jpeg

Cheers!

Top Bottom