What's new

Masculine aftershave recommendations

Sixgun smoke, high octane jet fuel gas fumes, and the new car smell of a 1973 Lincoln Town car that you just drove off the lot at 85 mph, with the tires squealing, after paying cash for the car.

That is what MANDOM smells like.
Hmmm... I need to try it. Many times lady friends have told me that they find the smell of gasoline on a man to be very alluring.

Try Stirling Executive Man. You can get the soap, aftershave splash, aftershave balm, and the cologne to all compliment each other. Wonderful lasting masculine scent.

Great list!

I love the Fine and Stirling options.

I would also list a few other possibilities (from my ’collection’):
Speick
Pitralon classic
La Toja
Pinaud (especially clubman and special reserve)
Floid

So many options, so little time!! :a29:
+1 for Pinaud

Technically, all a/s are ‘masculine’, because women don’t shave their faces.
In the winter time the classic scents are musk, orientals, and ‘cowboy’ bay rum.
Depending on the humidity where you’re at, and you’re skin type, you’re a/s
should contain glycerin,glycol, or be an alcohol splash. Personally, I like to have
one of each.
High humidity - Clubman musk, Clubman V.I. bay rum,
Low humidity- Master topaz, A.V. Musk,
Medium humidity- Col.Conk bay rum, Jovan musk, and of course, Old Spice.
The perfect a/s for the situation.

Some really good feedback here and some really good advice and direction. I've been coming back to this thread and lots of good opinions, I might have to pony up and get some Boomtown Bay Rum shave soap or Tombstone maybe from PAA. We will see!

PAA has one available right now (believe it is seasonal) that is called Home on the Range. Scent is described as including: "gun cleaner with a pinch of gunpowder". I may have to snag a bottle, just for the fun of it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Roam - If you're man enough. ;)

Roam is the only aftershave that my wife refuses to be in the same car when I wear it. ;)

But seriously. ;)

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Lilac Vegetal (it was good enough for John Wayne), Whiskey Woods

Original Stetson

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Brut Classic

Spanish Aqua Velva

Bootlegger's El Dorado and Bay Rum (you have to mix these up yourself - recipe in the Wiki)

Fine Green Vetiver

Lots more, but this should get you started. ;)

YMMV

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
You want masculine? Forget all this essential-oil-infused stuff and get you a bottle of Jeppson Malört. It's 35% alcohol, will work fine as an aftershave.

You don't have to drink it, but if you do, it'll put hair on your chest. And your tongue, too.
I've seen a photo of an old bottle of Williams AV. It was 50% alcohol.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Roam - If you're man enough. ;)

Roam is the only aftershave that my wife refuses to be in the same car when I wear it. ;)

But seriously. ;)

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Lilac Vegetal (it was good enough for John Wayne), Whiskey Woods

Original Stetson

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Brut Classic

Spanish Aqua Velva

Bootlegger's El Dorado and Bay Rum (you have to mix these up yourself - recipe in the Wiki)

Fine Green Vetiver

Lots more, but this should get you started. ;)

YMMV

+1 If Jesus wasn't rocking a beard, he would of been splashing on Bootlegger's.

I'm a fan of Proraso Green After Shave and Razorock xXx. I also recommend PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

this is a really dumb question but what does vetvier smell like, and what does OUD smell like also?
vetiver smells like smoke (at least to me). Old smells like luke warm chicken soup (again to me). Most scents that are heavy on vetiver end up smelling like soup (on me). YMMV

To me, Pashana is one of my most masculine scents in aftershave. I’m glad I’ve got three bottles of the stuff...

This doesn't answer your question of finding a duplicate of Aventus, but I would recommend Gratiot League Square by Chatillon Lux if you're just looking for something masculine. Tremendous scent; no matter how many others I try I always keep a bottle of GLS on hand.

PAA has one available right now (believe it is seasonal) that is called Home on the Range. Scent is described as including: "gun cleaner with a pinch of gunpowder". I may have to snag a bottle, just for the fun of it.

It is surprisingly not bad, particularly if you have ever caught a waft of Hoppe's #9 as you're cleaning your pistol and thought to yourself, "hey, this would make a great splash".

Top Bottom