What's new

Masculine aftershave recommendations

lots of good recommendations here, I already have PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, so I'm covered there. I was looking for something to basically replace the bottle of the Razorock American Barber, as that is a heavy cologne masculine scent. I'm looking to replace that basically, but I don't want something that smells exactly the same again. For some reason Fine Platinum is calling my name.

I only wear feminine aftershaves
09EFF449-8FA0-4C2D-88DC-FD6C27485B9B.jpeg

I just received my Proraso Wood and Spice ASB today - very nice, very masculine, woodsy. Also Pitralon Classic - good cedar notes.

IMHO, the most classic manly aftershave scent Is Bay Rum. Some say Ogallala is heavy on the clove...I don’t care, I think it’s the best. It stings like a *****, lasts long enough, fixes my face, and I can pretend to be a cowboy for a couple hours.
View attachment 1054902
+1 on the Ogallala Bay Rum. I've tried many bay rums, and to me Ogallala is the most legit. It's the only aftershave I use anymore.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I suppose the pirate idea makes more sense...but according to the folks in Ogallala Nebraska, it was cowboys. If I’m going to pretend, it’s gonna be cowboys. Git along, little doggies.
Fair enough. I'm a secret agent.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I laugh every time I see that word. Let me set the scene. We're at a hotel having breakfast with my wife and her parents over looking Lake Superior. It's a nice spring morning. There is a gentlemen out on the lawn between the hotel and the Lake. He's doing Tai Chi. My mother in law points at the window for us to look and says. Look at that guy, he's doing "Coochy". That was a breakfast I will never forget.

This came up on the board years ago, the best recommendation remains Mandom...

"No, you're not going to do any better with the ladies when you wear Mandom. Nobody is going to compliment you on how nice you smell either. You're still going to be all alone. But at least when you sit home by yourself, you'll enjoy it now."

The screw-on top is also very interesting. It is made of thick, weighty plastic with crenelations on the top. Why you ask? So you can use it as an impact device of course. This is Mandom after all. They might as well write "after shave lotion and improvised weapon" right on the bottle.

What does it smell like?

Sixgun smoke, high octane jet fuel gas fumes, and the new car smell of a 1973 Lincoln Town car that you just drove off the lot at 85 mph, with the tires squealing, after paying cash for the car.

That is what MANDOM smells like.

It does have some floral notes....... but they are discreetly hidden beneath the 97 octane, pay first, pump later basenotes of gasoline and a light essence of tear gas and mace.

It's better on, you'll find that after your initial yelp as the alcohol bite dies down it now smells of Gin made with rocket fuel with a hint of a petro-chemical factory somewhere in the background. Mandom, I'll wear it and be happy with my choice - its distinctive.

Pulled an audible somewhat and went with Hahn Polo from PAA based on some scent notes and then reviews, apparently this is a good classic masculine aftershave based on Polo and another famous cologne.

I’ll keep you all posted!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Good old Aqua Velva. I have not bought any for a couple of years but I have to say this is one that has had the most positive comments. Many others folk will name because that's what their husband uses or boyfriend. Again nothing ever had better comments than Aqua Velva.

Aftershaves with masculine scents... To me if you want a classic masculine scent you can't go wrong with the Denim line, especially the Gold, Original and Black.

All the above are good, but my choices the more tobacco sort of scents, like Paco Rabanne 1 Million or RazoRock Puros. Though you can never go wrong with Creed Green Irish Tweed. Just my 2 cents.

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve is plenty manly. Also, Chiseled Face has some manly options - Midnight Stag, Sherlock, and Ghost Town Barber.

Top Bottom