What's new

Maggard vs WCS

I don't have those handles, but based on CS alone, I never had issues with Maggards, and I've been purchasing from them for years.

WCS is good too but some of my orders took a bit of time to ship, the website can also be more intuitive. I like Maggards simplicity, I find it easier to navigate what I am looking for.

The Maggard's handles are great. I have almost all of them. My personal favorites are the MR3 and MR11. I want to like the MR5 but it just doesn't seem to fit my hand as well as the other knurled options. But I can see why someone else would love the MR5. I also have all of the RR handles. Never tried the WCS but they do look a lot like what I have from Maggard's. WCS also has other options I don't see elsewhere that also look interesting. I'll probably eventually buy them as well and put them in my bag. I bought two Windrose handles on Etsy and found them both to be very heavy - I'd pass on them as they really don't seem any better than the much cheaper options from Maggard's, WCS and RR. Same with Ikon and Weber - all the same or very similar. I also bought an ATT Atlas handle which I love (its barber pole knurling is deep and interesting feeling so I use it from time to time). I also treated myself to the Timeless barber pole handle and while the knurling is not as deep as any of the above mentioned handles, it never slips and feels vern nice in my hand. Having all of these handles really lets me change things up with my razor heads from time to time. In my opinion, the cheap ones are just as good as the expensive ones. I just pretend they are all expensive and enjoy.

Maggard and WCS are my two most frequent sources of shaving supplies. I visited the Maggard shave meet in June and had a great time. I recommend both. WCS is in the process of relocating their warehouse, so customer service might get a little spotty for a few weeks.

I also have purchased from The Superior Shave, Griffith Shaving Goods and occasionally from Wet Shaving Products, Bullgoose, Fendrihan, Razor Emporium, Italian Barber, and directly from various artisans. I have not had a bad experience with any of them.

My only bad experience was purchasing from Classic Shaving, one of the outlets that is part of of The Shave Network in Sandpoint, ID.

I have always gotten great service and prices from WCS. Plus, every time I have a question I get prompt, accurate answers. Get on their mailing list and you will find some great deals they offer.

Top Bottom