What's new

Lupo 58 vs GC 68

Hello guys,

I see quite a bit of comparison of the GC and the 72 Lupo, but not really the 58 Lupo.

How do these two compare? Looks like the 58 Lupo is a couple notches above the 68 GC.

I’ve had the 68 GC and enjoyed it but hardly used it (vintage bug hit me) and I’m thinking about taking the plunge again in the future, unless the 58 Lupo might be better for me.

I like mild razors. I have enjoyed my 6S all the way to plate 5 (only shaved with this plate once though), but prefer 4, 3 and 2. I haven’t tried plate 6 yet. Also love my flair tip SS, and Gillette Techs. Before I got along with my EJ DE89 and a Feather Popular with a Feather blade.

Tough one but love R.R. For their prices, you really can not go wrong. I have the RR G C in 68 OC / 76P SB/ 84 OC & SB - still have not received my 1.05 ordered. Is the 72 Lupo too much? And not sure why not give the 68 GC another try. If your skill level has gone up , it may work. Another great options are the Krave Outlander or CB. The Rockwell is a great but the only issue I have will it is the head thickness, not fun under the nose or around the mouth. Lots of great mild efficient options out there but everyone is unique. Sometimes it is just do you research, narrow it down and buy - try. You can always post the love lost in the FS to recoup some.
It so easy to go down the rabbit hole.
So if you have some razors that get the job done, stuck with them. Technique over Tools...

Sure, easier said than done.
Just have fun..

BFX

Hello guys,

I see quite a bit of comparison of the GC and the 72 Lupo, but not really the 58 Lupo.

How do these two compare? Looks like the 58 Lupo is a couple notches above the 68 GC.

I’ve had the 68 GC and enjoyed it but hardly used it (vintage bug hit me) and I’m thinking about taking the plunge again in the future, unless the 58 Lupo might be better for me.

I like mild razors. I have enjoyed my 6S all the way to plate 5 (only shaved with this plate once though), but prefer 4, 3 and 2. I haven’t tried plate 6 yet. Also love my flair tip SS, and Gillette Techs. Before I got along with my EJ DE89 and a Feather Popular with a Feather blade.
quite similar shaves on both razors you cant go wrong on either one
all of razorrock razors are topnotch for the price

What's this "Karve Overlander" ? Is it another name that nobody knows about for the Lupo 58 or the GC 68 that the OP was asking about?

I’ve always looked at the Timeless Alumimum. But I haven’t seen much lately other than the thread of when it first came out. It appears to be the red headed step child of Timeless 😂

Lupo 58 could work for daily if you like more bladefeel and your skin isn’t very sensitive. It will feel noticibly different to GC .68. I had it and chose the .72 over it as the bladefeel was only a touch bit more and efficiency is better. Gamechanger line is smoother with less bladefeel (.76) could work for daily or even .84. I’d say stick with solid bar.

Top Bottom