What's new

Razors with No / Minimal Blade Feel?

Is it an efficient shaver? Or “mild” like the feather as-d2 ?
I haven't used the feather, but I'd say the Muramasa is mild but efficient? Efficient for its level of mildness? Something like that.

On the other hand, my sense is the rate at which the Muramasa increases in efficiency and bladefeel probably increases more so than most adjustables. But I don't really use mine at higher settings.

I

Island

You might like the oneblade genesis. It is mild but the blades don't last long and are expensive.

I just got my polished blackbird lite and was quite impressed by how smooth of a shaver it is. I found it to have minimal blade feel (not at the level of my feather as-d2). Definitely a keeper. The blade head is similar to a Henson/ Mille with a steep shave angle. Easy to edge side burns. Very efficient. I think with this and my feather , I don’t have a need for more razors.

I just got my polished blackbird lite and was quite impressed by how smooth of a shaver it is. I found it to have minimal blade feel (not at the level of my feather as-d2). Definitely a keeper. The blade head is similar to a Henson/ Mille with a steep shave angle. Easy to edge side burns. Very efficient. I think with this and my feather , I don’t have a need for more razors.
I can’t edit this, but I meant to say it is similar to a Henson/ muhle combination. It’s very intuitive.

I have a strong recommendation for the Rockwell 6C or 6S. They’re the same razor, just different materials. You can get one with a huge discount on Rockwell’s site right now but you have to hurry. My 6S arrived this week and plate 3 delivered the hyped experience people talk about with the razor. It’s smooth (very little blade feel) and it feels so effortless with almost no risk of getting cut or razor burn.

Tonight I had my best safety razor shave I’ve ever had in terms of no weepers/cuts. My face is BBS and my neck is as closely shaved as I’ve ever had it and yet there’s zero razor burn on my sensitive neck area. I’m very impressed.

I also own a Gillette C King and Merkur 34C and the Rockwell blows them out of the water. I was thinking of purchasing a Rex Konsul while it’s on sale but there’s no point now.

I have a strong recommendation for the Rockwell 6C or 6S. They’re the same razor, just different materials. You can get one with a huge discount on Rockwell’s site right now but you have to hurry. My 6S arrived this week and plate 3 delivered the hyped experience people talk about with the razor. It’s smooth (very little blade feel) and it feels so effortless with almost no risk of getting cut or razor burn.

Tonight I had my best safety razor shave I’ve ever had in terms of no weepers/cuts. My face is BBS and my neck is as closely shaved as I’ve ever had it and yet there’s zero razor burn on my sensitive neck area. I’m very impressed.

I also own a Gillette C King and Merkur 34C and the Rockwell blows them out of the water. I was thinking of purchasing a Rex Konsul while it’s on sale but there’s no point now.
I've had my 6C for a year now and every time I shave with it, it blows me away. I literally never get a bad shave from it. It's smooth as silk and you can make it as aggressive as you want with a quick plate change. I hold them in very high regard.

I haven't used the feather, but I'd say the Muramasa is mild but efficient? Efficient for its level of mildness? Something like that.
+1 vote for Muramasa. For me definitely mild, and you can choose how mild and efficient. My favorite setting is 4, for how efficient still very comfortable

Karve CB in a B-plate or less.

The C-plate gave me mild blade feel. The Karve CB is an enjoyably smooth razor but the B-plate had no feel for me, like I was shaving with ball bearings rolling across my face if you can imagine that sensation. I gave away the B and kept the C.

The geometry of each CB plate as specified by Karve is below:
  • AA - gap = 0.47mm / exposure = negative 0.07mm
  • A - gap = 0.60mm / exposure = negative 0.02mm
  • B - gap = 0.73mm / exposure = zero
  • C - gap = 0.85mm / exposure = positive 0.09mm
  • D - gap = 0.98mm / exposure = positive 0.13mm
  • E - gap = 1.10mm / exposure = positive 0.17mm
  • F - gap = 1.23mm / exposure = positive 0.22mm
  • G - gap = 1.36mm / exposure = positive 0.25mm

Last edited:
Karve CB in a B-plate or less.

The C-plate gave me mild blade feel. The Karve CB is an enjoyably smooth razor but the B-plate had no feel for me.
^^ This! ^^

I had a great shave with the B-baseplate today. Smooth as silk whilst shaving and in post 😊
Speaking of efficiency, I took me three passes and a bit of buffing to knock down 5.5 days worth of growth. It's efficient enough as a daily driver, too.
20231127_111129.jpeg

Last edited:
You might like the oneblade genesis. It is mild but the blades don't last long and are expensive.
I agree with the one blade.. A very smooth razor, with minimal blade feel.. I'm not sure you can even cut yourself with it.. The smoothness only lasts for the first shave with each blade. The FHS blades get very tuggy after the first shave.

Some other razors that have zero blade feel..

Razorock mamba 53 and 70..
Henson medium and aggressive (i still find the aggressive to be very smooth and havr very little blade feel.
Leaf twig
Carve overlander
Razorock BBS

Its a bit tricky tho as a mild razor with no blade feel may result in going over the same spot and still not getting all the whiskers ending with razor burn / irritating for me i find the razorock bbs "a" plate superb as it's both extremely smooth with hardly blade feel yet efficient enough for a good end result.

Top Bottom