What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

Those are all great purchases. I'm interested to read your thoughts on the Schick Krona when you have a chance to give it a try.
Oh I've had plenty of shaves with the Krona already. I even made a thread for it last month.
It's all here:

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Oh I've had plenty of shaves with the Krona already. I even made a thread for it last month.
It's all here:

Enjoy!!
I love the Krona also. I didn't want to bias your opinion if you hadn't used it yet. U think it holds the blade more securely than a Super Speed of the era. It seems to have a larger contact patch between the head and the blade. That's my theory anyway.

Reactions: Kix
I love the Krona also. I didn't want to bias your opinion if you hadn't used it yet. U think it holds the blade more securely than a Super Speed of the era. It seems to have a larger contact patch between the head and the blade. That's my theory anyway.
I've honestly never analyzed the technical aspects of the head. Maybe your right that it holds it more tightly than the Superspeeds. All I know is that the results of it's closeness are stunning when you consider that it has little blade feel, minimal blade exposure and not much of a blade gap as compared to other razors. I don't know exactly what it is but it's a phenomenal shaver. Definitely one of my favorites of the bunch.

I've honestly never analyzed the technical aspects of the head. Maybe your right that it holds it more tightly than the Superspeeds. All I know is that the results of it's closeness are stunning when you consider that it has little blade feel, minimal blade exposure and not much of a blade gap as compared to other razors. I don't know exactly what it is but it's a phenomenal shaver. Definitely one of my favorites of the bunch.
It's one of my favorites too. I really like the long, tapered handle and the low profile head. I also agree that it gives a smooth, efficient shave without ever feeling like it will bite you. I thought your comments about a Feather in the razor were interesting also. Every time I use a Feather, I marvel at how easily it slices through my stubble. But, I usually feel a little "tightness" in my skin and sometimes even a little bit of a burning sensation. I guess those Feathers slice through more than my stubble like butter. The next time I use one, I may try to use a very light, some might say feathery, touch to see if that makes a difference.

It's one of my favorites too. I really like the long, tapered handle and the low profile head. I also agree that it gives a smooth, efficient shave without ever feeling like it will bite you. I thought your comments about a Feather in the razor were interesting also. Every time I use a Feather, I marvel at how easily it slices through my stubble. But, I usually feel a little "tightness" in my skin and sometimes even a little bit of a burning sensation. I guess those Feathers slice through more than my stubble like butter. The next time I use one, I may try to use a very light, some might say feathery, touch to see if that makes a difference.
Yeah, Feather has been a weird blade for me since it overworks in most razors. Can't figure out what happened in the Krona though. I'll give it another try at some point. Honestly though, it shaves so good with the Gillette Platinums that I don't see the need to even try another blade. "Our eternal journey of finding a better shave!"
At what point does it stop when you're already getting the best shave possible?, LOL!!

Last edited:
My new (to me) Fatboy!
It's in awesome condition.
Bought it here on the BST from @Jorvaljr
Excellent transaction!
Tonight it will be up for my first Fatboy shave:

full

full

full

I just purchased a type of Super Speed that I don't have. I found it as soon as they posted it for sale and I made an offer and they accepted. It was sold to me by someone that sells all kinds of other things. They had no description
of the model, year, etc.
It's excellent condition (as shown in the pictures) prompted me to quickly make an offer.
I got it dirt cheap!:)
It should be here next week:

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can't throw any stones here.. I went down that shaving brush rabbit hole in a hurry.... but it was a blast. LRod is having fun... if he was buying multiple $300 and up razors.... that might be problematic. But even so, what people do with their disposable income is fine with me.

At least you don’t have big $$$ razors on multiple websites waiting for you to pull the trigger.

I’m still fighting with the temptation to order a Blackbird.
Thank goodness I don't!
The vintage stuff has me busy for now and it's keeping me away from the high price new stuff.
I find the treasure hunt & the bargain hunt really fun!

Last edited:
Thank goodness I don't!
The vintage stuff has me busy for now and it's keeping me away from the high price new stuff.
I find the treasure hunt & the bargain hunt really fun!

I did like finding the crusty old razors and cleaning/polishing them up. I just didn’t like the shaves.

Reactions: Kix
I did like finding the crusty old razors and cleaning/polishing them up. I just didn’t like the shaves.
I haven't focused on anything crusty. So far what I've found is in good shape and has been easy to clean. But I'm sure I'll run into some that I'll buy that look rough. As for the shaves, I've found 4 that shave as good as all the modern ones I've had. Slim, Fatboy, Flare tip & Krona!
I haven't used a modern razor in a couple weeks!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
My new (to me) Fatboy!
It's in awesome condition.
Bought it here on the BST from @Jorvaljr
Excellent transaction!
Tonight it will be up for my first Fatboy shave:

full

full

full

What a lovely razor! It seems to be in the same condition as mine too. Mine is a 1959 code E-3 195 Fatboy. What is your date code on yours? I am so glad that you finally got this razor @LRod. Your going to really love it I think. If you like aggressive razors, then I suggest starting your WTG passes on level 7 through 9. You can do your XTG passes on level 6 through 7 without issues I think. And do your ATG passes on levels 3 to 5. With a Wizamet blade in it, I think you might find this razor to be a very smooth shaver. Of course, with everything in this hobby, in the end, YMMV.

I ordered one of these today from "A popular auction site" for $12.99!
Seems like a nice wooden option that's 2 tier which will save space on my vanity.
This should finally give me some organization for displaying my most used razors:

full

I've been looking at wooden razor and brush stands as well, and I just couldn't get myself to justify the purchase on one. That is a unique one that you bough, I don't even know what some of those spots are used for. I will be very pleased to see this stand filled up with stuff, so that I may see how you have used it.

Cool stuff buddy, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom