What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

All this arrived today!
I've already given them a Dawn brushing & bath!
Overall excellent purchases since they were all bought for really cheap!

Hoffritz Slant:

Included original case + 2 original Hoffritz blades in the blade holder. It's in perfect working order but as I was told, the handles powder coating is an issue with these. The handle looks like it's lost some of that powder coating but the head looks brand new! I'm going to give it a whirl tonight!

Schick Kronas "New old stock" with Krona-Chrome blades:
Brand new & totally sealed. I was afraid to maybe see some type of oxidation. Nothing!
They are perfect as the day that they left the Eversharp factory. I'll be opening one for use in my rotation and keeping the other as part of the collection. I'll post pictures whenever I unbox it!

1956 Gillette SS Blue tip:
Excellent overall shape with the exception of some of the blue paint that has come off. It also seems to be missing part of one of the end caps (no big deal). I'll probably send this one in to Backroads Gold for a tune up, repaint the tip & repair the end cap.

I had a shave with the Hoffritz slant a little while ago and it was fantastic.
2 pass WTG/XTG, using a Bic Chrome platinum blade.
Super smooth & very efficient. I got a near BBS result from the razor.

I had a Yaqi slant which I used once and it was terrible!
I had a Fatip OC Piccolo slant and didn't like it!
I have a Fatip Closed Comb Lo Storto slant that I like but the Hoffritz is much better.
I really like this one!

full

full

full

full

full

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
All this arrived today!
I've already given them a Dawn brushing & bath!
Overall excellent purchases since they were all bought for really cheap!

Hoffritz Slant:

Included original case + 2 original Hoffritz blades in the blade holder. It's in perfect working order but as I was told, the handles powder coating is an issue with these. The handle looks like it's lost some of that powder coating but the head looks brand new! I'm going to give it a whirl tonight!

Schick Kronas "New old stock" with Krona-Chrome blades:
Brand new & totally sealed. I was afraid to maybe see some type of oxidation. Nothing!
They are perfect as the day that they left the Eversharp factory. I'll be opening one for use in my rotation and keeping the other as part of the collection. I'll post pictures whenever I unbox it!

1956 Gillette SS Blue tip:
Excellent overall shape with the exception of some of the blue paint that has come off. It also seems to be missing part of one of the end caps (no big deal). I'll probably send this one in to Backroads Gold for a tune up, repaint the tip & repair the end cap.

I had a shave with the Hoffritz slant a little while ago and it was fantastic.
2 pass WTG/XTG, using a Bic Chrome platinum blade.
Super smooth & very efficient. I got a near BBS result from the razor.

I had a Yaqi slant which I used once and it was terrible!
I had a Fatip OC Piccolo slant and didn't like it!
I have a Fatip Closed Comb Lo Storto slant that I like but the Hoffritz is much better.
I really like this one!

full

full

full

full

full
Congrats, LRod... nice finds all.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

Now this is what I'd like to call, a prized item of vintage goodness. We just need to put a blade in it, and watch them whiskers fly off your face like butta. That blue twist to open knob looks really cool, and the razor's condition overall is pretty awesome. Gotta love a good shine finish on a razor head, when you can see yourself in it, you know you've made it. Welcome vintage razor, to the 21st century, Larry will command you on your whisker reduction task, do not fail him please. LOL

Congrats, I feel like this is your best one!

The grungy slant razor is gonna need a full tune up for sure, don't forget them to have them check the blinker fluid while you have her in for service. Hmm ya, cough, mechanics humor sorry. 🤪

Now this is what I'd like to call, a prized item of vintage goodness. We just need to put a blade in it, and watch them whiskers fly off your face like butta. That blue twist to open knob looks really cool, and the razor's condition overall is pretty awesome. Gotta love a good shine finish on a razor head, when you can see yourself in it, you know you've made it. Welcome vintage razor, to the 21st century, Larry will command you on your whisker reduction task, do not fail him please. LOL

The grungy slant razor is gonna need a full tune up for sure, don't forget them to have them check the blinker fluid while you have her in for service. Hmm ya, cough, mechanics humor sorry. 🤪
Yep, I need to try out the Blue Tip. I do use my Red tip though and it's awesome. The Blue tip is lighter so it should be a different feel.

Tonight, that grungy slant gave me one of the best shaves I've ever had!
It's powder coating is half way gone so I'm gonna try polishing it to see what happens. It's definitely valuable because of it's rarity but I plan on keeping it so I'm not to worried about the end result. I'm sure it wont
look any worse, LOL!!
Funny thing is that the handle is super smooth as-is so nothing is affected.
We'll see how it ends up!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Not a bargain razor, but the ATT S1 seems inevitable. You can compare it with the regular Windsor and with your other slants!

Cool thread and a fun journey that I am enjoying vicariously.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
A friend called me over one night because he had just replaced the points and condenser, and his chevy Malibu wouldn't start. So I pulled off the cap and rotor, told him to crank it over to line up the cam and it started, with the cap sitting on the fender.
Not running smooth, but running and the inside of the cap was lit up like the 4th of July, full of cracks. Put the old cap and rotor back on, nothing. So we got a new Blue Point cap and rotor and it ran great!

True doggone story.

~doug~

A friend called me over one night because he had just replaced the points and condenser, and his chevy Malibu wouldn't start. So I pulled off the cap and rotor, told him to crank it over to line up the cam and it started, with the cap sitting on the fender.
Not running smooth, but running and the inside of the cap was lit up like the 4th of July, full of cracks. Put the old cap and rotor back on, nothing. So we got a new Blue Point cap and rotor and it ran great!

True doggone story.

~doug~
I believe it!
Today you can't do any of that. I used to work on my cars and trucks and rarely went to a shop. My last Corvette was a '77 that I did everything to. Now I have an '09 and can't do anything! And my truck is even worse!
You open the hood and can't even see the engine. Different times for sure!
And with this push now for electric cars, I see things getting worse.:confused:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I see things getting worse.

There’s a glorious alternative to cars filled with conflict minerals instead of G-d’s own high octane elixir.

Making high octane gasoline and jet/rocket fuel from seawater?!

Çok yaşa nuclear power!
Çok yaşa nuclear power!
Çok yaşa nuclear power!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
And with this push now for electric cars, I see things getting worse.
The Chevy Volt, 60 miles on battery power, then the 4 cylinder battery extender kicks in with 8 gallons of gas in the tank for another 400 miles. Best of both worlds. I usually go 2000 miles between fill ups. And runs the 1/8 mile in 9:82 seconds at 70 mph.

~doug~

Attachments

• 20210227_111012[1].jpg
    20210227_111012[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
The Chevy Volt, 60 miles on battery power, then the 4 cylinder battery extender kicks in with 8 gallons of gas in the tank for another 400 miles. Best of both worlds. I usually go 2000 miles between fill ups. And runs the 1/8 mile in 9:82 seconds at 70 mph.

~doug~
It is cool but what I meant was the ability (or lack) of to be able to work on a gas engine after getting an electric car (full electric car). If we ever go full electric, that enjoyment will be gone!
That's what I was referring to!
No doubt your volt is capable!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
It is cool but what I meant was the ability (or lack) of to be able to work on a gas engine after getting an electric car (full electric car). If we ever go full electric, that enjoyment will be gone!
That's what I was referring to!
No doubt your volt is capable!
I know that full electric is all the talk with the talking heads these days, but give it some thought. Word has it that Chrysler has given up on the gasoline automotive market because it is such a small sector of the piston driven market.

Replace diesel with battery power? In ice cold climates? That right there is the majority of the transportation market, trains, trucks, and farm equipment. Not gonna happen in the near future.

I'll keep my 67 'stang in good running condition with a V-8 under the hood and listen to Red Barchetta on the stereo.

~doug~

I know that full electric is all the talk with the talking heads these days, but give it some thought. Word has it that Chrysler has given up on the gasoline automotive market because it is such a small sector of the piston driven market.

Replace diesel with battery power? In ice cold climates? That right there is the majority of the transportation market, trains, trucks, and farm equipment. Not gonna happen in the near future.

I'll keep my 67 'stang in good running condition with a V-8 under the hood and listen to Red Barchetta on the stereo.

~doug~
My Vette's red and I'm a Rush freak, Lol!!

Here you Chris!
You inspired me. I grabbed my Dremel and some Flitz and took off all the powder coating.
Definitely more visually appealing now:

Before:

full

After:

full

Well folks, this is it for a while. As of today, I've received everything that I've bought over the last month.
I'm giving it a break! Major "RAD" occurred for the vintage stuff and I've accumulated enough to keep me busy for quite some time. The wallet needs a break from this and I'm sure my wife would appreciate it too. She's seen packages coming in almost every day and my bathroom is looking like a razor shop🤣
I have an outstanding bid on a Rolls razor but I doubt I'll win that one!
Anyways, this was the last one to come in today:

'55 Red Tip!
Excellent condition inside & out (same condition as my other Red Tip).
Well worth the $19 price tag:

full

full

full

You’ve had a blast and it’s been fun to watch from the cheap seats too.

You’ll be having a new variety of shaves for sometime to come. I applaud your efforts.
Thanks Kim!
When you get into something like this, you have to draw the line at some point (at least for a while), LOL!!
Not only do I have all these razors but I've also got tons of different blades. All of that will give me new & different shaves every week for a long time. Everything I've bought (so far) was based on razors that I researched and really wanted.
The fact that I got most of them for cheap was a bonus!
For now I'll be posting shave reports, any replates that I might do, chime in on other threads, etc..
(And maybe the acquisition of that Rolls Razor that I bid on last week), LOL!!
LRod

Top Bottom