What's new

Lord Platinum Class?

I have medium growth and I've been shaving daily with Mühle R41 and Shark SS for the past 5 years. I keep each blade in service for a week and I get exceptional shaves. I'm coming to the last 100 of my 300 blade stash and I decided to try out Lord Platinum since they're touted as the top blade from this supplier.
I've tried the first one today and I'm mighty impressed already. Silky smooth and sharp, very slight difference but perhaps these bad boys are even better than Shark. I really look forward to this experiment and potentially shifting loyalty (well...kind of) for my next bulk buy.

A few years I bought 100 each Lord SS, Chrome and Platinum blades when I saw how cheap they were. All three give me four good shaves. I don't find any significant difference in the performance of the three blades.

@muzichead I just find it so odd that the sharpest blade wouldn’t work for everyone. Even after a year of DE shaving it still perplexes me. It’s not so much the irritation factor as i understand how someone with sensitive skin would react badly to a sharp blade, but it’s moreso how like you said, a feather blade “feels” like it’s tugging and pulling when others say it’s cutting perfectly. You’d think it’d cut efficiently for everyone but it’s just not the case. I’ve experienced it myself with blades that are sharp but just don’t “feel” sharp. I probably shouldn’t care but it’s an interesting phenomenon that’s totally counterintuitive.

Sorry to quote you after a couple of week, but I must say I had this exact experience with Kai blades. It felt very tuggy and terribly rough. In contrast, I have great luck with Feathers. My face favors sharp blades without a doubt. The Kai was a real head scratcher.

Lord Plats have been my daily driver for last 10 years. Fantastic blade. Very similar to Personna Blue, if you like that one. 100 for $10 at WCS, maybe even less at Ebay. I love Lord products, including their wonderful line of razors

good blade. but depend upon the razor a lot. ie, one razor itll be good, switch out to different razor and its like shaving with a sharpened pull tab from a can of cat food

After reading this thread, I tried a Lord Platinum Class blade in a Black Beauty set on 6. The blade felt smooth and sharp, very similar to Lord Silver Star. I bought a Lord sampler pack quite a while ago. I tried Big Ben -felt prickly. Stopped after a few strokes. Lord Super Stainless -felt the same as Big Ben. Shark ss -could shave with it, but I have many blades that I actually enjoy. Shark chromes -better for me. Took the blade to 6 shaves, but I wouldn't buy any. If I didn't have hundred(s) of my favourite blades, I'd buy a hundred Lord Platinum Class. I still might.

I questioned almost the same thing. Difference between Lord Platinum and Lord Platinum Class?
From what I've been told it's the same blade just updated, current packaging with Lord Platinum now printed on the blades and tucks.
2015 & earlier was Lord Platinum Class and 2019 - current is Lord Platinum.
If this is not correct someone with the right information please chime in.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I think I posted those dates but maybe I should have been more clear- I bought the Platinums off Amazon and the Platinum Class I got in a trade from the gentleman that runs tryablade. The dates I posted were on the two different lots, I didn't mean to imply that those were the start/end dates of the name change, just that those were the dates on the ones I had. I don't know when the name actually changed. Either name, they're fine shaves.

Before I crack any open and can't return, does anyone know if these are the same blades (only the package changed) or not? Can't find much online.
Just to affirm, they are the same blade with different packaging. Just to make things more confusing, websites showing these blades for sale may use old photos.

@AZ1976 - got it and thanks for the clarification!
So they are basically the same blade with different packaging - maybe for different markets?
The consensus seems to be they shave very well which is nice to know as I look forward to try a tuck.

Love Lords Platinum. Great blade. Good for around 4 days for me. I'm not one to keep using a blade for more than a few days so they work great.

@AZ1976 - got it and thanks for the clarification!
So they are basically the same blade with different packaging - maybe for different markets?
The consensus seems to be they shave very well which is nice to know as I look forward to try a tuck.

I couldn't say about the different markets but the UPC code is the same on both boxes. As I said before, I can't tell the difference between one or the other so whichever one you get should give excellent shaves.

Lord Platinum used to be my favorite Lord blade until I found Lord Silverstar.
But yesterday I tried a Lord Platinum in my Yuma razor and got a wonderful shave.
I have tried Lord Silverstar in my Yuma before and it was not good.

Lord Platinum, Yuma razor, three passes, wonderful :)

This maybe a question already asked but what is the difference between Lord Platinum and Silverstar blades?

good blade. but depend upon the razor a lot. ie, one razor itll be good, switch out to different razor and its like shaving with a sharpened pull tab from a can of cat food
Found this to be the case for me as well (the hard way). Work excellent for me in more aggressive razors. I don't test blades for maximum durability, though they perform consistently well throughout my typical 5 shaves / week.

Top Bottom