What's new

Looking for a Few Good Men..... The $1 Razor Challenge!

Are you having a laugh? Was suckered in to try this razor and these blades by this thread. One and done - razor off for recycling and blades to my work bench to scrap paint off windows, etc.

Hi,

You should keep the razor and blades as a reminder of a grand adventure. Maybe it didn't go as planned, but it was still and adventure!

Besides, those things that don't kill us outright, make us better.

Hi,

You should keep the razor and blades as a reminder of a grand adventure. Maybe it didn't go as planned, but it was still and adventure!

Besides, those things that don't kill us outright, make us better.
Or wiser, or dizzy from blood loss.

If you can't find one where you live he, there is a seller on eBay... Selling them for $3.05.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

In my recent move, my beloved Razorock Bruce synthetic brush went missing for over two weeks, but my @#$%ing $1 Assured TTO showed up the next day when unpacking began. As the song says:
But the razor came back, the very next day
The razor came back, they thought he was a goner
But the razor came back, just wouldn't stay away.

So....I did what appears to be the last shave with my assured razor, I managed to use all 5 blades that it came with, 6 shaves each, and they were all good shaves, so 30 shaves in total for $1 is not bad at all! The reason is the last shave for this fella is because it started to show his age :wheelchair:, it started to show some rust, and the tto is not as smooth as it was fresh out of the package (if you could call that smooth anyways) so I dont want to run the poor bastard till it falls apart, instead I think I will frame it and hang it on my bathroom, with a sign that will read “In honor of Glazedboker” you know, kind of like people frame their first dollar in their business! And is literally worth $1! I just want people to come in my bathroom and ask about it like why is that razor especial? And then I will tell the tale of this amazing adventure of the $1 razor challenge! Will I buy another assured razor in the future? Most likely not, but this one is already special! (Dont tell my wife what I just said or she will have grounds for holding me accountable on future aquisitions!) Anyways, thanks again @GlazedBoker this was trully fun

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
So....I did what appears to be the last shave with my assured razor, I managed to use all 5 blades that it came with, 6 shaves each, and they were all good shaves, so 30 shaves in total for $1 is not bad at all! The reason is the last shave for this fella is because it started to show his age :wheelchair:, it started to show some rust, and the tto is not as smooth as it was fresh out of the package (if you could call that smooth anyways) so I dont want to run the poor bastard till it falls apart, instead I think I will frame it and hang it on my bathroom, with a sign that will read “In honor of Glazedboker” you know, kind of like people frame their first dollar in their business! And is literally worth $1! I just want people to come in my bathroom and ask about it like why is that razor especial? And then I will tell the tale of this amazing adventure of the $1 razor challenge! Will I buy another assured razor in the future? Most likely not, but this one is already special! (Dont tell my wife what I just said or she will have grounds for holding me accountable on future aquisitions!) Anyways, thanks again @GlazedBoker this was trully fun
An excellent idea!

A month of shaves for a $1. Hard to beat!

That's a hell of a run. True, not the most comfortable razor blades made, certainly not the worst.

My original Assured razor went down a while back but, the 2nd one I opened and have used as a travel razor has been quite good. Blade lines up quite good and I really don't have to fiddle with the tto doors to close them properly. Plus, I've used my preffered blades (Voshkod, Gillette Ninja, Bolzano, Polsilver) in it and they have been very good shaves so far.

A $1 for relatively good, close and semi comfy shaves. I've spent a $1 on much worse through the years. No complaints at all.....

They've still got a bunch of them if anyone in the Horsham PA area is looking for one.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Deja Vu!!

Jumped in on another razor challenge on another forum and just wanted to post my thoughts and experience here for those that aren’t aware or sure how these razors perform....

Well, without further ado, got the Assured razor and installed a minty new Assured blade. As has always been the case in my experience with these Dollar Tree razors, alignment is a bit of an issue and a bit of fiddling is required to get it close to being properly aligned and even blade exposure on both sides. Got that resolved and proceeded with the shave.

4D0C5C91-2012-4CC7-82EB-E28C41B6AD7C.jpeg

E6FBB337-8DB0-4B02-876A-BC96D160880B.jpeg

BC369F23-720D-4633-A424-5EF032A2A158.jpeg

As you can see there are no markings on the blade itself. Almost looks like a Kai SS blade but, without the small wax dots. There is a decent amount of blade exposure and gap so, it does provide a bit of blade feel, nothing fierce though. Tightened down the tto doors just enough to hold the blade snuggly and got it on.

And to be quite honest, it was a nice and comfy shave. I performed a 2.5 pass shave (2 full passes WTG/ATG and a touch up pass) that left me without a nic, weeper or irritation to speak of. I did feel that one side of the razor was a bit more aggressive and more blade feel but, nothing that made me fear or stop the shave to readjust the blade position. Besides, screwing around with the doors is a potential breakage waiting to happen. Finished it off with the normal stuff
and post shave was very acceptable. Definitely a DFS finish all around with just a couple of spots around Sir Adam that were reluctant to go. With this razor I won’t push for the baby, though I have achieved it a couple of times before.

A solid shave in the end.
DFS 1, bad shave 0.......

EC7D9B4D-4FF3-41E1-B6FF-13E589B1C61A.jpeg

Deja Vu!!

Jumped in on another razor challenge on another forum and just wanted to post my thoughts and experience here for those that aren’t aware or sure how these razors perform....

Well, without further ado, got the Assured razor and installed a minty new Assured blade. As has always been the case in my experience with these Dollar Tree razors, alignment is a bit of an issue and a bit of fiddling is required to get it close to being properly aligned and even blade exposure on both sides. Got that resolved and proceeded with the shave.

View attachment 945987
View attachment 945988
View attachment 945989

As you can see there are no markings on the blade itself. Almost looks like a Kai SS blade but, without the small wax dots. There is a decent amount of blade exposure and gap so, it does provide a bit of blade feel, nothing fierce though. Tightened down the tto doors just enough to hold the blade snuggly and got it on.

And to be quite honest, it was a nice and comfy shave. I performed a 2.5 pass shave (2 full passes WTG/ATG and a touch up pass) that left me without a nic, weeper or irritation to speak of. I did feel that one side of the razor was a bit more aggressive and more blade feel but, nothing that made me fear or stop the shave to readjust the blade position. Besides, screwing around with the doors is a potential breakage waiting to happen. Finished it off with the normal stuff
and post shave was very acceptable. Definitely a DFS finish all around with just a couple of spots around Sir Adam that were reluctant to go. With this razor I won’t push for the baby, though I have achieved it a couple of times before.

View attachment 945990

Nice review. I took my assured razor and blades with me to Austin, TX back in November for a week of job training. I really can't speak highly of it enough for $1.00. It's the perfect travel razor IMO due to the price point.

@Gazedboker, thanks for posting. The dollar challenge was a great time. I proposed we all pull them out for an "Assured April". I still think the Assured razor has a great design. Done properly they could be great.

@Gazedboker, thanks for posting. The dollar challenge was a great time. I proposed we all pull them out for an "Assured April". I still think the Assured razor has a great design. Done properly they could be great.

That's not a bad idea. You should organize it. That would be a pretty cool shave event for April.....

Deja Vu!!

View attachment 945987
View attachment 945988
View attachment 945989

View attachment 945990
+1 on the nice review! It's a wonderful shaver + 5 blades for $1! Love challenges like this - we get to discover hidden gems!

Shave #2
Not bad. Not bad at all.....

Assured $1 Razor & Assured SS blade
Graydog Gray Ghost 26mm
GD Eucalyptus & Spearmint preshave
Stirling R4L soap
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Stirling R4L a/s splash

C6CEEAE8-80C8-42CF-BD21-CD36E4C30C0A.jpeg

Top Bottom