What's new

Looking for a Few Good Men..... The $1 Razor Challenge!

You must overcome the Darkside of the Dull Blade young padawan. Persistence with the Razor Force you must show to overcome your self doubt..... :a45:

Plus about 5 Our Fathers and 7 Hail Mary’s :innocent: might be a good way to start. Just for your shave souls sake...... :001_tt2:
HesNotWrong.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Managed one shave so far. Worked up a good lather with my Semogue Excelsior 830 boar and Williams soap in a mug. Got through one entire pass with the Assured razor and blade and a lot of tugging and pulling along the way before the blood started flowing from my chin.
I will try again -- with great trepidation and a new Astra SP blade. I'm 86ing the Assured blades.

DSCF0006 - Edited (1).jpg

As mentioned, many of us had issues with clunker blades but the next blade would be "fine". I found riding the cap helped a great deal.

Managed one shave so far. Worked up a good lather with my Semogue Excelsior 830 boar and Williams soap in a mug. Got through one entire pass with the Assured razor and blade and a lot of tugging and pulling along the way before the blood started flowing from my chin.
I will try again -- with great trepidation and a new Astra SP blade. I'm 86ing the Assured blades.

View attachment 948861
That is a beautiful setup!! A timeless classic look!!

Welp, my months old Assured razor finally gave up the ghost today. One of the doors FELL OFF! I tried to tweek it to keep the door in place but it was a no go. After a few months it just didn't hold up. It was a good enough shaver while it lasted and was worth a dollar as a travel razor. But its back to the world of real razors now. Oh..and if anyone wants a box of Assured razor blades.....well...just let me know. hahaha

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
You mean you didn't try a muffler tape repair? There must be a thread for that somewhere. I think I'll pass on the blades though.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Successful second shave with Dollar Tree razor and Astra SP blade
Two passes -- WTG and ATG -- BBS and no nicks!

I picked up one of these a few weeks ago and quickly ditched the blades.

I loaded a store brand Personna and was pleasantly surprised at how well this razor shaves.

It is noticably more efficient/aggressive than a Weishi. The razor demanded close attention, but I was rewarded with a very close shave.

The construction feels plenty solid for $1 and I expect I'll get more than my money's worth out of it. I don't expect that it will last forever, but it is a pretty good value.

I've picked one up at my local Dollar Tree, and given it a go. The construction of the razor might not be the best of course, but I did get a very smooth shave. To me this razor might be ideal for travel.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Third shave w/Assured (Dollar Tree) TTO safery razor & Astra SP blade (2)
Again BBS in 2 passes - WTG & ATG

VIGSHAVING Faux Horn Synthetic
Vanderhagen soap melted in shallow Ball jar
Aqua Velva Aftershave (Spanish Version) by Williams

DSCF0001 - Edited (1).jpg

Finally managed to get my hands on one of these "beauties" - they're a lot smaller in real life.

Last time I was in the States for business I must have gone into half the Dollar Trees in the Twin Cities (including in some relatively sketchy-looking areas) without any luck. This time I'm in Hilton Head SC, and there were plenty.

And best thing about it all? Delta lost my suitcase, so it won't cost me a penny once I've been reimbursed - just when you thought this razor couldn't get any cheaper!

I can hardly wait until morning...

Finally managed to get my hands on one of these "beauties" - they're a lot smaller in real life.

Last time I was in the States for business I must have gone into half the Dollar Trees in the Twin Cities (including in some relatively sketchy-looking areas) without any luck. This time I'm in Hilton Head SC, and there were plenty.

And best thing about it all? Delta lost my suitcase, so it won't cost me a penny once I've been reimbursed - just when you thought this razor couldn't get any cheaper!

I can hardly wait until morning...

Sorry about your luggage. Cracks me up you looked so hard for an Assured but glad you found one. Going to try the Assured blades with it?

Sorry about your luggage. Cracks me up you looked so hard for an Assured but glad you found one. Going to try the Assured blades with it?

Well, at the moment that's my only option. I'd only packed SuperMax Platinums (not the super-plats) anyway, so I'm not sure they'll be significantly worse!

Well, at the moment that's my only option. I'd only packed SuperMax Platinums (not the super-plats) anyway, so I'm not sure they'll be significantly worse!
You might want to check local drug stores for blades. Assured blades seem to vary greatly.

Haha, hope you have a good trip and the Assured razor treats you well. I found riding the cap worked well for me.

Top Bottom