What's new

Looking for a Few Good Men..... The $1 Razor Challenge!

Well, I tried my dollar store Assured razor and blades tonight. But not together. Too risky.
My SuperSpeed had a twice-used PPI Gillette Platinum, a combination I can count on to not give me trouble though I get better shaves with my Slim set on 6. I took the GP blade out and installed it in the $1 razor, and a new Assured blade into the Super Speed.
Showered, lathered, grabbed the Assured razor and shaved my right cheek WTG. It cut okay, but red bumpy irritation everywhere.
Put it down. Grabbed the SS with the Assured blade and shaved my left cheek WTG. It also cut okay, but red bumpy irritation everywhere.
To hell with this. Swapped the GP back into the SS and finished shaving with no further issues. First time ever that my cheeks are more irritated than my neck. Had to use the after shave gel instead of the splash today.
The Assured razor and all four unused blades to the trash, the used Assured blade to the sharps box.
It wasn't money wasted. I got a valuable education for just one dollar.

To each his/her own. The Assured Razor and blade combination shaved as good as my Paradigm 17-4 and my other higher-end razors. I couldn't say that of other cheap razors I have owned or tried. YMMV indeed.

Like someone here said it: is a hit and/or miss with the assured razor/blades, some of us got the better end of the deal, but others went down in a ball of fire and crashed harder than the meteor that killed the dinosaurs! Oh well, is a shaving roulette (more like russian roulette) :quickdraw

Wasn't much of a review, but it was surprising to hear it mentioned at all, and that the reviewer didn't have the stones to at least try the blades that came with it. :)

Wasn't much of a review, but it was surprising to hear it mentioned at all, and that the reviewer didn't have the stones to at least try the blades that came with it. :)
Didn't try the blades?!?
AreYouSerious.jpg

He said the razor was worth the money paid, and didn't sound tongue in cheek when he said it. So an it'll do, if it has to rating? :)

Only 971 'til, who am I kidding . . .

If you're near Horsham PA, the Dollar Tree on Blair Mill Road still has a few of them with the other razors. Picked one up today to try it out.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I used it yesterday morning with an Astra SP... Got a really nice DFS with it. Worth the money... Not sure I'd use the blades that came with it.
The blades are ok, decent enough. I would use them to compare to some of the blades that perform well for you.

He said the razor was worth the money paid, and didn't sound tongue in cheek when he said it. So an it'll do, if it has to rating? :)

Only 971 'til, who am I kidding . . .
967...doing my part!!

I used it yesterday morning with an Astra SP... Got a really nice DFS with it. Worth the money... Not sure I'd use the blades that came with it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The blades are not that bad. I guess I would compare to a Dorco. The first use is not great but they get better on shave 2 and 3.

Top Bottom