What's new

Log of Escudo

I just saw a YT video in which a (U.S.) guy did a box opening from The Danish Pipe Shop. It was a log/roll of Escudo more than a foot long! He figured it was about a pound but didn't know for sure, it being a gift from the shop, he didn't actually order and purchase it. Has anyone ever seen Escudo sold like this before? I thought it might be distributed like that for shops to cut up themselves for bulk, but that just doesn't seem right... for one thing, I don't think Escudo is sold in bulk, and also I wouldn't figure Escudo's parent company would allow shops to sell their product cut up/prepared any old way they please. This guy might have some connections, though. In another video of his, he showed a 3 or 4 pound solid brick of SPC Mississippi River which he got from P&C.com. I don't know, maybe anyone can order something like that, but it seemed like something a "preferred customer" might have access to. Anyway, back to my dream log of Escudo... anyone?

I've killed more than few minutes trying to dig up any more info on these logs, but nuthin so far. At least it inspired me (not that I needed it) to have a a bowl of Escudo earlier tonight. Escudo's always good, but tonight I lucked into one of those nirvana smokes, where everything about the smoke is right and my state of mind follows suit. I really love when the tart/piquant character of perique rears its head in the smoke, and that's exactly what I got from it tonight. Sure wish I had the funds to build up a stock of this stuff in my cellar. So far I've only had batches that could have been no more than a few months old; I can only imagine what a significantly aged tin would deliver.

It was labelled "Escudo," however a mix-up is certainly possible. But I've never seen Luxury Bullseye Flake in this form either. Here's the video. Skip to five minutes in to get to the actual appearance of the log.

If anyone is interested (and how could you not be), here is the video showing the massive slab of Mississippi River. Jump to eight minutes in to bypass a ton of gratuitous obscenity and to get to the money shot.

Same guy on YT was also gifted a great big twist of raw, unadulerated burley straight from a tobacco farm a while back but I can't find that video.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It looks like a huge Slim Jim! I wouldn't a five inch piece to slice up.

Yeah, it's essentially Escudo Plug. And while it would be the same smoking experience as with the pre-cut coins, the tobacco junkie in me is simply fascinated and drooling over this roll/plug/bat/log/spectacle of Escudo.

Top Bottom