What's new

L'Occitane Cade Shave Soap

I don't see it for $10

I no longer see it there either. They haven't had it in stock for months now. But their prices on the other l'Occitane shaving items seem pretty good compared to elsewhere. I just used Cade this morning for a great shave with a Timeless .095 and Feather blade. I really enjoy Cade.

Must be my water but this time of year my water supply smells like ir comes from a swimming pool. That said my first time with it, along with Dr Harris Arlington was about a November. I've used it with three different brushes and it works best with my very wet Omega 100048 loaded like the soap was free. If it explodes with suds you didn't use enough water. With alot of water if it appears thin on your face give it ten more swirls. That should get you a nice thick latheR. A dry brush gives me a thick lather but that drys by the end of the first pass with barely enough for a second pass. Dr Harris Arlington is similar but even more stubborn. Both give me great shaves with a little work.

501FBD26-12DB-4D68-9990-DB3F28089B65.jpeg
Let’s resurrect this thread.

Meh.

A utterly middling shave soap.
Neither good or bad in any particular area. A weak scent but a strong price tag.

It is the French equivalent of a stick of Palmolive but 10x the cost.

Meh.

A utterly middling shave soap.
Neither good or bad in any particular area. A weak scent but a strong price tag.

It is the French equivalent of a stick of Palmolive but 10x the cost.

As with many things in shaving YMMV. Palmolive is giving me consistent effortless BBS shaves for the past month with an innocuous soap scent. Cade for me is a notch down in performance but still good, better in post shave feel, and has a unique scent that is an all time favorite. I will always have Cade in my den.

Agreed cade will stay in my rotation. Even if it isn’t my first choice it’s a solid performer for me. (Plus there’s always a sale at the loccitaine store)

As far as performance, I think it is middle of the road. I never got the best lather with it - always seemed thin. Scent is one of my favorites. I compromise and ditch the soap and use the aftershave balm.

In my early years of wet shaving I tried Cade after so many great reviews. I had no lather building technique or experience whatsoever so I was only able to get a rather light and weak lather so I gave up in it. 15 years later my lather making has come a long way and with the addition of better brushes I want to give Cade another shot.

In my early years of wet shaving I tried Cade after so many great reviews. I had no lather building technique or experience whatsoever so I was only able to get a rather light and weak lather so I gave up in it. 15 years later my lather making has come a long way and with the addition of better brushes I want to give Cade another shot.

I'm glad to hear your'e giving it another shot. I'm sure with your experience you will be able to create a monster quality lather. I now have over 200 soaps in my collection (gifted a large collection) but I still love the overall experience of Cade. I think it provides good performance, excellent scent, and nice post shave. I could shave with Cade everyday if it was my only soap.

I want to like it, but I think I'm one of those in the minority where Cade irritates and burns my skin upon contact. I've gotten decent shaves from it, but I'm really sensitive to it. I think I've read about others having the same issue.

I like it a lot! It seems to lather well for me and protects my skin, but I don't get much of the aroma while shaving. This is the only soap I have been able to find locally, so it is going to be a staple for me. The local pharmacies in my area do not even have Williams mug soap. Mind you, I have only tried a few soaps as yet, so that opinion may change with time.

Top Bottom