What's new

Leather Scents

Caron has a boutique in New York where this can be obtained. I don't have the phone # or URL handy but you can GOOGLE it easy enough.

Chris

fisherc said:
Caron has a boutique in New York where this can be obtained. I don't have the phone # or URL handy but you can GOOGLE it easy enough.

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for the info! I'll check it out!

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Tom,

Where did you pick this up?

Randy

Randy, http://cgi.ebay.com/CARON-Tabac-Blond-Pure-Parfum-Perfume-5ml-1-6oz-Decant_W0QQitemZ5658081474QQcategoryZ11847QQcmdZViewItem

EBay seller Dragonfly Scent Me.

She is probably the most professional EBay fragrance seller I have encountered. 10 out of 10! She may also be able to make a sample available for you.

Really nice stuff. I **DID** wear it to work tonight, and I got a nice compliment from a customer.

Leather (scents)rule!

Tom

Just bought a bottle of Santa Maria Novella "Russa" which is a Russian Leather. I'm not sure what's Russian about it but its quite nice albeit not very longlasting. I tried the Nostalgia which was kind of funny. I was at the antique Farmacia of SMN in Florence and the lady behind the counter was letting me try different scents. When I tried the Nostalgia she smiled and said something to the effect of, be honest, tell me what you smell. I said, turpentine. She smiled and nodded and said that was the nostalgia part. Some people are nostalgic for the smell of racing cars in a pit. I didn't like it, nor did my wife, but my 22 yr old son did. I bought the Russa.

Just bought a bottle of Santa Maria Novella "Russa" which is a Russian Leather. I'm not sure what's Russian about it .

Russia leathers are generally woodier, usually built around birch tar notes, rather than Spanish leathers (the best of which were English, oddly) which come across with lavandine (the harsher hybrid), often patchouli, and in the old days genuine -- and lots of -- ambergris & civet & musk at the base.

The Creed Royal English Leather is an acquired taste. It's a genuine C18 formulation though the animalics, apart from ambergris, are always synthetic now. (The Law, gentlemen.) There was an unacknowledged experimental R.E.L around briefly -- I caught a whiff of it -- which had musk ambrettes at the base. Think Brut... It would never have caught on :cool:

The SM Novella version is barely a Russia Leather at all, in my opinion. It's more a classic light eau de cologne with a birchwood drydown. I think the nearest to a true Russian leather cologne now would be the L T Piver Cuir de Russie (and the incomparable Chanel Cuir de Russie, too.)

I also really like Creed's Cuir de Russie. This one certainly would not be for everyone as it is a pretty big turn from most of what is available on the market but, for me, it just has that something.

Rorschuck did a split on this a while back and I got some. The birch tar is powerful, almost too much for me. The heart and base are fantastic.

Knize Ten
Creed Royal English Leather
Helmut Lang Cuiron

These are my top 3 leather scents, Cuiron is my favorite of the bunch. I think REL and K10 are very close scents. Since I have a large decant of K10, once that runs out I'll probably get a small bottle of REL

old spice leather.

if you can find a NOS unused bottle, it smells of nothing BUT leather. theres usually a few bottles on ebay for cheap. very mature scent. i love it.

old spice leather.

if you can find a NOS unused bottle, it smells of nothing BUT leather. theres usually a few bottles on ebay for cheap. very mature scent. i love it.

In the summer, I like T&H Spanish Leather. Winter, I like Old Spice Leather simply because it really smells like a leather shop. I usually wear it when I'm wearing my leather coat or jacket, because the smell perfectly matches my attire. :blush:

just got a bottle of Trumpers Spanish Leather.

It is beautiful. I need to get a bar of Imperial Leather soap to blend in when i wear it

Top Bottom