What's new

Least finicky soaps

This. And the latest Haslinger V2 are superb in overall performance, with an AMAZING POST SHAVE FEEL. I have Honig, Aloe Vera and have just ordered Ringelblumen. :thumbup:

Is the V2 the change from Tallow to non-tallow, or has there been a further change? I have Aloe Vera, Ringelblumen, Salbei and Honig on route, they cost me £2.80 a puck, incredibly value considering how they perform!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Is the V2 the change from Tallow to non-tallow, or has there been a further change? I have Aloe Vera, Ringelblumen, Salbei and Honig on route, they cost me £2.80 a puck, incredibly value considering how they perform!

Actually, it is the second reformulation to a non-tallow formula.

Do you have the ingredients list of your soap? From there, I can tell you if it's V1 or V2. V1 is good, but V2 is much better IMHO.

I find both Officina Artigiana soaps to be ridiculously easy to lather. Also the Razorock Blue, Green, Black, and Yellow Label sticks, PdP, and Ach Brito Mogno.

You can tell v1 and v2 veggie soaps apart from the ingredient list. V2 uses potassium cocoate and sodium cocoate instead of potatsium palm kernelate and sodium palm kernelate.

Eben Stone

Staff member
The two that I have described previously as nearly lathering themselves: MdC and Haslinger.

I haven't used Haslinger, but I have a few samples of MdC. MdC is so easy to make great lather, regardless of how much water I use. If I was in a hurry I could probably just dump some random amount of water and a little piece of soap in dish and have great lather in about 10 seconds.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Arko and PAA CK-6 make quite good lather is questionable conditions. I have also been dipping into a tub of Catie's Bubbles that is really surprising me. My water is a bit hard, so I need a soap that wont be too finicky about the water quality. Hydration levels? Well, thats on me, and I can control that. Hard water is out of my hands.

Actually, it is the second reformulation to a non-tallow formula.

Do you have the ingredients list of your soap? From there, I can tell you if it's V1 or V2. V1 is good, but V2 is much better IMHO.
You can tell v1 and v2 veggie soaps apart from the ingredient list. V2 uses potassium cocoate and sodium cocoate instead of potatsium palm kernelate and sodium palm kernelate.

Thank you both, based on that the Schafmilch in my den is V2 and I assume the four pucks on order are V2 as well but I won't know until they turn up. My Meeresalgen puck is a mystery as I don't have the wrapper, but either way it shaves well!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Martin de Candre
Saponifico Varesino
Musgo Real Classic
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Haslinger Schafmilch
WSP Rustic
La Toja
Tabac
Speick
A&E
Ach.Brito Mogno
Cella Extra Extra Bio
TFS Razozero
RazoRock

MdC is probably my favorite, but all of these soaps are easy to lather and provide wonderful shaves.

YMMV

Top Bottom