What's new

Least finicky soaps

I'm sure most of us have tried soaps that perform phenomenally if you can nail their extreme/narrow spectrum of ideal hydration like Barrister Reserve and Mystic Waters.

What about the other end of the spectrum with soaps that either...
A) Have a very broad water tolerance spectrum, and/or...
B) Perform relatively well even while outside their "ideal hydration window" I.E. over/under hydrated, regardless of how broad said window is.

To clarify once more...I am not asking which soaps you feel perform the best outright. I'm asking which soap bases you feel perform well when you don't dial it in just right. Any products that seem to perform regardless of how little attention is paid to water ratios?

In my limited experience :

# Tabac Original soap
# Vitos Extra Super Coco
# Stirling Soap Company soaps (Duke, Almond Creme, Duchess, Nag Champa etc)
# Mitchell's Wool Fat
# Williams Mug Soap (Modern)
# Barrister and Mann Hallows
# Arko

These soaps are just so easy to load and get great lather, even if I missed the ideal hydration window, I can make them work nicely.

I don't need any sort of blooming etc to make these work, just wet the soap and rinse the brush and get to lathering.

Catie's Bubbles and RazoRock Puros have somewhat narrower hydration window for me, and I have to keep this in mind when lathering them.

The most finicky soaps are Wickham soaps, oh they seem to just find an excuse everytime to go all mushy, runny on me.

In my (limited) experience:
- haslinger sheep milk
- tabac
- Stirling (perhaps not the best underhydrated but on the other hand can take a ****-ton of water, not finicky with hard water, etc.)
- La toja
- D.R. harris hard puck for me does it as well, can take a lot of water no problem

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thats good to hear on the Haslinger, I have a puck waiting for me, I just finished a Palmolive shave stick and found it really easy to use too

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My vote goes to La Toja! This is my standard ‘travel’ soap that lathers well with most any water!!
:straight: :straight:

The King! Or, to say it in Spanish, El Rey!

20210315_212228.jpg

Stirling, Arko, Tabac

I still prefer stirling electric sheep on my travel shaves because no issues with water, using a different brush bowl etc very easy. Arko and tabac might be the best alternatives.

Top Bottom