What's new

Lathering Modern Williams - one method with great results

My 8th shaves and still amazing results
What does the edge of your puck look like? After 12 shaves mine still had the tiniest bit of ridge left on the edge that I've been using. And still having excellent results, too!!

Well just a tiny bit oval and I can still see the edge of the puck, to my guess a puck will last me 100 or more shave compare when I was bowl lathering it. When I bowl lather Williams it would gave me around 50 to 60 shaves.

1352A0BC-6FDE-472F-B787-FBD05097DA3B.jpeg
CE555D71-2B38-4E17-AED6-D10CE791C42E.jpeg
726CBE3E-FDDE-4A2B-A57B-2B8651917747.jpeg
What does the edge of your puck look like? After 12 shaves mine still had the tiniest bit of ridge left on the edge that I've been using. And still having excellent results, too!!
This is what my puck look likes after 10th shaves

My puck looks very close to yours. My flat spot is on the handle side!! Love the Williams box design; the ones around here have a plainer look.

What do you guys put your pucks in? I have "collector's" coffee mug I bought in the souvenir shop. I'll post a picture of when I get back to my CHU.
I'm with Gino...the box it came in.

Me I put it back to his box when i’m Done
+1. I wipe the puck on a towel and lot it dry while I shave. Then back into its box!!

View attachment 925775 Boar

was great! This was left after 1st pass. Did 4 passes plus cleanup
That is sweet and plentiful looking lather!!

[QUOTNE="honeybadger79, post: 9898456, member: 89212"]Boar was great! This was left after 1st pass. Did 4 passes plus cleanup[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows Williams doesn't lather. hahaha...

Nice work honeybadger79 :punk:

[QUOTNE="honeybadger79, post: 9898456, member: 89212"]Boar was great! This was left after 1st pass. Did 4 passes plus cleanup

Everyone knows Williams doesn't lather. hahaha...

Nice work honeybadger79 :punk:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The unfortunate part is that (even though it was kinda fun) it took me a lot of attempts before dialing it in. I didn’t figure it out in my own either. It was someone elses method that I ended up getting help from. That said, I’m glad it worked out because I do like this soap. And now there’s no issue at all :)

Ironically, I had a very sudsy, airy, aweful lather this morning. A few norms were not kept to, so I think I’m the cause.

Rinsed it out, started over, and it was back to being excellent. Finicky soap? Yes. I think it’s sweet spot is far narrower than very good soaps. That said, it does make an extremely slick, creamy lather if youmget it right. It’s hard to ignore that at $1 per puck.

Ironically, I had a very sudsy, airy, aweful lather this morning. A few norms were not kept to, so I think I’m the cause.

Rinsed it out, started over, and it was back to being excellent. Finicky soap? Yes. I think it’s sweet spot is far narrower than very good soaps. That said, it does make an extremely slick, creamy lather if you get it right. It’s hard to ignore that at $1 per puck.
+1. I agree that when you get it right, it's an impressive and slick soap for $1. I've been having consistent excellent lather using this shave-stick-method and face-lathering, but I was a total failure at bowl-lathering Williams.

+1. I agree that when you get it right, it's an impressive and slick soap for $1. I've been having consistent excellent lather using this shave-stick-method and face-lathering, but I was a total failure at bowl-lathering Williams.
For me i did got impressive results whit bowl lathering, it´s just that i founded to be less difficults using it like a shave stick and face lather VS bowl lathering.

I have used Williams for over 50 years and I bowl lather. I just treat it like any other soap-and no, I don't have soft water and I am not a bloomer nor a brush soaker. I get wonderful shaves everytime.

I have used Williams for over 50 years and I bowl lather. I just treat it like any other soap-and no, I don't have soft water and I am not a bloomer nor a brush soaker. I get wonderful shaves everytime.

Now that I feel somewhat comfortable with this soap, perhaps I will try it your way

+1. Now that I have a consistent method of lathering Williams, I get very good shaves each time, too. Today, I did the shave a bit different. No prep, no hot towel, just wet face, run Williams like a shave stick, lather and shave. The results were just as good as the other shaves. Love this stuff, although I wish it came in a variety of scents!!

I wish it came in a variety of scents!!
You can shred it, and then mix it with your favorite aftershave, then leave it out for several days ( because you have to get rid of the alcohol ) while stirring/mixing it a couple times a day until it gets hard , and then press it down to the bottom of your container , and then you have a puck of Williams that has been scented.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom