What's new

Last razor I'll ever purchase?

Have you ever said to yourself "this is so good it's the last razor I'll ever need to buy?"

• Yes, and I meant it and never did buy another.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • Yes, and I meant it, but then bought another later.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • Yes, but I knew deep inside that I was kidding myself.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • Nope...I know myself well enough to not make commitments like that!

Votes: 94 51.4%

• Total voters
The Henson razor is what I will buy on Black Friday. It might be the last one I'm going to buy.

You will like it. Have an aluminum and a titanium both in medium. The aluminum was too light for me (but shaves well) so I splurged and got the titanium model. It's about twice as heavy as the aluminum and is an awesome performer. Every time I shave with it I wonder why I use anything else.

I've sold most of my razors a few months ago and then I bought even than I ever had. I'm currently waiting for my Razorock GC 84, Lupo DC and Gillette RFB #44, which i'm sure are going to cure my RAD once and for all and the only razor that I would like to add at some point is a British Aristocrat 1st gen. I've recently bought a Pearl Flexi adjustable and Merkur Progress both of which are very good.

I have 6 razors now. A cheapo shavette from Sally's Beauty shop, Facon fixed blade shavette that takes AC blades, a SuperSpeed from the '40s and '76, a '56 Red Tip, and a Muhle. I feel like that's 3 too many. But I'll get a few more, I know I'll find good deals on vintage razors. Just one a year around St. Sue, I'll purge all but my three favorites.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Probably so. The ATT SSR1 and the Feather AS-D2 cover all the bases I would ever want to cover.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I hope to say it someday...and mean it. So far all of the razors I own...although some are excellent...none are so magical that I can say I would never buy another. But this new SS Lupo has me intrigued. I may jump sabbatical to get it.

This is the last razor is ever need. I can use the highest setting every day and setting 1-3 for my head shaves.
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Said this every time I ordered a razor. I sincerely hope this will hold for my la(te)st purchase en route because all razors I have had thus far have been either faulty by design (Fatip, looking at you) or developed defects after repeated use (Merkur, looking at you)

I will feel this way with a new razor and use it exclusively for 2-3 months. The latest has been the alpha outlaw razor. Then i will switch back to my usual rotations with the new razor included.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I know what the last razor I purchased is because it's on my shelf, I just don't know yet what the next razor will be. 😂😂

Said this every time I ordered a razor. I sincerely hope this will hold for my la(te)st purchase en route because all razors I have had thus far have been either faulty by design (Fatip, looking at you) or developed defects after repeated use (Merkur, looking at you)
Which merkur?

- Fayiz D.

Which merkur?

- Fayiz D.
Merkur 15C. Works like a charm, but after 1,5 years after my first shave with it, I noticed that the blade sometimes misaligns. When I took the razor apart I saw Zamak rot on the screw. So I took pictures and mailed them to the manufacturer and their reply was basically use a toothbrush to remove any "cosmetic" changes. If this does not help, order the same top cap + baseplate for [almost initial purchase price]. This led me to 5 years trying out one DE razor after the other when I happened to see some cheap Chinese knock-off heads of the Grand Shave King Self Lubricating. I ordered 2, both fit perfectly, worked the same as the original, but unfortunately also did not last long. Then I found the original top cap only at a bargain price and that is what I currently have as backup.

I think I'm done buying razors (for now anyway:001_smile). I have 5 razors that leave me BBS every time I use them.....Henson Ti22 (medium), Yates (M-Plate), EJ 3one6, Blackbird, and Rocca (R95). Thinking about selling off some of the razors I never use any longer to clean out some needed space. I have come to use my Henson most often. This thing is incredible.....superb quality, great design, and awesome performance....and I find it fun to use. All of these 5 razors are top notch and perform well, but the Henson has risen to the top.

I went from a Mach 3 to the Supply V2, to the Alpha Outlaw, to an iKon V3 slant, and finally to the Blackland Vector. The Vector stays. Supply returned. Outlaw currently for sale on reddit. iKon slant also to be sold. I have no need for any other type of razor but the Vector, as it is the ONE (I may make an exception for the Vector Ti).

Knowing myself as I do, I seriously doubt that I can truthfully say I have found “The One”. I started this wonderful hobby around three years ago and RAD kicked in with a vengeance and I purchased over 40 razors searching for the holy grail of razors. I am down to under 20 and really only use less than 10. Of the ten, I have a preference of three, OneBlade Hybrid, Colonial General V2 and the Timeless Ti .68SB. All three are great razors, but I am sure something will peak my interest in the future.

Top Bottom