What's new

Laptop bags on a budget........

I’ve been using a Case Logic laptop backpack nearly every day since 2012 and aside from the slight odor from that time my cat peed on it, it’s held up fantastically. Would highly recommend for the price.

I have a Swiss Gear backpack similar to what you bought. It has held up well over the past year. (Still looks new!) It protects my laptop and/or iPad and has plenty of room for other things too. I especially like the handle on top. Good luck with it!

I got one of these leather satchels for around 90 euros (shipped from Germany to where I'm based in the UK) a couple of years ago, still going strong and has plenty of room for a 15-17inch laptop + more

I think they are a bit more expensive now but still reasonably-priced due to the fact that the leather is goat leather and perhaps cheaper to produce/harvest. I'm sure there are some goat leather US-based manufacturers that do decent bags...worth looking into IMO

proxy.php

I wonder how many more replies this is going to get...

LOL... OP asked for advice on June 14. It's now December. Hopefully, OP has a bag at this point.

As someone who has carried a mobile computer for 25+ years, going back to the luggables and now a very high end thin and light thinkpad, I would have just purchased a $10 padded sleeve from Amazon to throw in a backpack until the OP can save $$s for a quality bag.

We go cheap on laptop bags at work. The odd thing is they all hold up well. We don't even chose a specific brand. That said, we do opt for the ballistic nylon styles.

About the Walmart bag. I once won a bag from Brand X, and carried it to work. It had the Brand X logo on it and everything. The boss noticed it, and one day I came in from the field and found a brand new bag on my desk.

Top Bottom