What's new

l have one soap in my rotation

I intend to get there. Been working on using up what I have for the last 4 yrs. maybe I’ll finish in 2018...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just curious...how many soaps did you have when you decided to use up your stock...starting 4 years ago?

A cousin has a soap business (ok his wife) and when she is considering introducing a new scent of shaving soap, she asks me to test it for her. As a result I have several of her soaps. (Bay Rum, Sandalwood, Crisp Alpine Stream, Lime Margarita and Peppermint) That is the whole lineup plus one she decided to not sell. (peppermint) I was a tester for the Bay Rum, Lime Margarita and Peppermint.

Would be happy to help test as well. [emoji851]

I prefer a simpler approach. I'll decide on my next adventure when my MWF is almost gone.
This makes perfect sense to me. When you are ready to pick your next soap you have a huge variety to pick from [everything that is available] where the people with large collections only have what they own to pick from, unless they want to add to their already too large collection.

Maybe it's my personality, or my age, but I would find owning more soap than I could use in my lifetime depressing.

You may want to add an M to your signature; Minimalists

Last edited:
@Rusty Blade: I was in Germany 4 yrs ago and bought Tabac, Speik stick and cream, and 3 Palmolive sticks (I decided this would be my last purchase until it was all gone). I don’t recall exactly what I had in stock, but here’s an estimate: 5 or 6 Arko sticks, 2 pump bottles of KMF, tube of Trader Joe’s, puck of L’Occitane Cade and 2 old unused cans of Gillette foamy. I still plan to finish it all.

I have left: one half to one third puck of Tabac, half bottle of KMF, half tube of Trader Joe’s, Speik stick, 2 Palmolive sticks, 2 cans of foamy.

@Rusty Blade: I was in Germany 4 yrs ago and bought Tabac, Speik stick and cream, and 3 Palmolive sticks (I decided this would be my last purchase until it was all gone). I don’t recall exactly what I had in stock, but here’s an estimate: 5 or 6 Arko sticks, 2 pump bottles of KMF, tube of Trader Joe’s, puck of L’Occitane Cade and 2 old unused cans of Gillette foamy. I still plan to finish it all.

I have left: one half to one third puck of Tabac, half bottle of KMF, half tube of Trader Joe’s, Speik stick, 2 Palmolive sticks, 2 cans of foamy.

Thanks for the reply. This means my 20 soaps and 10 creams are good for about 10 or more years. Wow. Time to stop buying and start using up my stock.

I have 7 pucks of MWF and love it... But that's in addition to a 90 soap rotation (soon to be 100).

I go through phases. Sometimes I have only one or two soaps or creams on hand and 3017 them, other times I have an overstocked den. I like the variety because the changes keep the hobby interesting for me.

I go through phases. Sometimes I have only one or two soaps or creams on hand and 3017 them, other times I have an overstocked den. I like the variety because the changes keep the hobby interesting for me.

And "3017 them" means...?

It's the cool new buzzword everybody's using to say "completely finish" in terms of a product. There's a recent thread where it all started.

It's the cool new buzzword everybody's using to say "completely finish" in terms of a product. There's a recent thread where it all started.

Here's the 3017 thread that was started in 2010: My Guess... 3017

You'll have to read the first few pages, if I remember correctly. It started out as 2017 as a target for johnniegold, the OP, to finish up his stash of soaps. At some point in the thread it was changed to 3017, tongue in cheek, due to the size of some member's soap stashes.

Top Bottom