What's new

l have one soap in my rotation

I've been doing this hobby for 5 years. I started buying too many soaps and after accumulating a collection of ten, l decided to use them up and keep one soap on hand.
I've exhausted my inventory over the last 2+ years. All l have is a MWF and l am enjoying shaving with it every day. I prefer a simpler approach. I'll decide on my next adventure when my MWF is almost gone.
I was overwhelmed when l had a big stockpile and l am enjoying the hobby more by keeping it simple.

I had one soap (Arko) for a good while. Now I have a bunch of creams on the way. I broke down and gave in to temptation.

Simple is good. Variety is also good. I strive for a simple variety.
I hadn't bought new soap in years - this year I bought 3 - DR Harris Windsor, La Toja Sick and Speick Stick.
Right now, I am thinking that I will keep the Windsor and get rid of the sticks.
I'm not a soap-a-holic but it was nice to try different products.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Mitchell's is my staple too. The only other save soap that I own is Palmolive sticks, bought for travel and back-up.
I'm perfectly happy with just those, and Mitchell's will be handling the vast majority of my shaves.

Fat 'as (2:1 MWF and Haslinger Sheep's Milk grated together and kneaded into a puck) has been my staple since I first made it several weeks ago. I love searching for a better product, but everything else is slightly disappointing by comparison.

4C10EB0B-A840-418A-B5D6-5CF19E516773.jpeg
Fat 'as (2:1 MWF and Haslinger Sheep's Milk grated together and kneaded into a puck) has been my staple since I first made it several weeks ago. I love searching for a better product, but everything else is slightly disappointing by comparison.

I’ll second the Fat ‘as. Mine is 1:1.

I plan on trying one soap ,one brush and one straight for a whole month. It's gonna be hard to pick but I have been thinking of a way to simplify my routine to see how it feels to do it like they used to.

Good approach. I've been doing it 5 years too, went from Gillette Fusion to DE's to Straights, acquired way too much software. Honestly, if it weren't such a royal pain selling everything, I'd go back to cartridges and canned goop tomorrow. lol

I've been doing this hobby for 5 years. I started buying too many soaps and after accumulating a collection of ten, l decided to use them up and keep one soap on hand.
I've exhausted my inventory over the last 2+ years. All l have is a MWF and l am enjoying shaving with it every day. I prefer a simpler approach. I'll decide on my next adventure when my MWF is almost gone.
I was overwhelmed when l had a big stockpile and l am enjoying the hobby more by keeping it simple.
I really admire your simple approach. Over the past few years I have acquired way too much stuff and I would like to simplify my routine. Some time ago now I decided to use one soap for a month and then switch. It has been quite enjoyable. This month (November) I have been using MWF and I realize I could easily get rid of all my remaining soaps and creams and just use MWF as my one and only soap. It will take me a few years to exhaust my supply of software. And like you I do find it a bit overwhelming at times. What I have done is I keep all my soaps and creams in a box in my closet and only keep my one soap for the month on my shelf.

I strive for a simple variety.

Yep, that's my idea, too. I've got 5 soaps. I tend to use one for weeks or months, then switch. They're kind of seasonal. When I run out of one, I replace it with the same or similar.

And I don't go looking at new ones or hang out in the Soap forum anymore, cuz we all know what happens . . .

A cousin has a soap business (ok his wife) and when she is considering introducing a new scent of shaving soap, she asks me to test it for her. As a result I have several of her soaps. (Bay Rum, Sandalwood, Crisp Alpine Stream, Lime Margarita and Peppermint) That is the whole lineup plus one she decided to not sell. (peppermint) I was a tester for the Bay Rum, Lime Margarita and Peppermint.

I intend to get there. Been working on using up what I have for the last 4 yrs. maybe I’ll finish in 2018...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom