What's new

Krampert's Finest FYI

Don't know if any are a fan or are aware but sadly he is closing up shop!! Went to order product and found closing up memo.
I am only aware of Maggards and West coast that has some frost bite aftershave. I grabbed a bottle only 3 left at Maggards.

Very great product and customer service. Was one of my 1st wet shaving items I bought.

Smooth soap makes the soap but they are out of that.

Wonder if there is a thread for shops that closed up?

Grab a bottle very good stuff.

This was posted March 1 on another forum by the owner:

" Krampert's Finest is closing it's "doors". It's been coming for some time. I designed my splashes for myself, handed some out to others and next I knew it turned into a business. I figured OK, as long as it's fun I'll continue. It has since become a J O B. I'm retired. I don't want a job. I considered selling it, but I designed my products for myself. I didn't build this to sell. So I made the decision; the website is coming down. "

Literally my two favorite aftershaves, fine lavender and krampert’s frostbite are nuked in the same month?! Horrible news.

enjoy his bay rum, altho a bit clovey for me.
flask is over the top.

stirling barbershop merkur kai kramperts bay rum july 27 2020.jpg

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Whoa bummer. One of my first finds too. Great communication with the owner but ya I can understand the market. And how many people are buying high end stuff. Wish him well. I still have frost bite as and soap and bay rum

Not ashamed to say i bought out all 3 at Maggard’s. Far from a lifetime supply but i couldn’t watch one of my favorite aftershaves go extinct without stockpiling a few. Best mentholated aftershave hands down and it’ll always remind me of my trip to Greece. No ragrets. Not even a single letter.

Not ashamed to say i bought out all 3 at Maggard’s. Far from a lifetime supply but i couldn’t watch one of my favorite aftershaves go extinct without stockpiling a few. Best mentholated aftershave hands down and it’ll always remind me of my trip to Greece. No ragrets. Not even a single letter.

Well done!! FYI West coast shaving still has some left ha ha.
I just wish I could buy the soap? But Smooth soap is out.
I can kick myself I was going to order from Brian a few weeks ago a set of both but I DID NOT!!
But I have plenty of aftershave!!

Sad, but perfectly understandable. Best wishes to Brian.

Yes best wishes indeed.
Brian was so kind last year when I asked him questions about my trip to Maine this year (delayed a year from last).
He gave me many many great suggestions. And took great time to do this.
I sent him a good luck and thanks but it came back as closed email address??
If anyone knows how to reach him let me know.
Take care

I have heard back from soap smooth and they would be willing to make soap if there is interest.
This is the response from them.

"Well, we can’t be organizing it as manufacturer, there will need to be a point person. If you have a forum presence, you are welcome to start the group by and be our point person. If not, I’m sure someone else can. Either way, all we need is a number to see if it makes sense for us. We can provide details and pricing based on that."

I also asked about aftershave and soap together and they responded:

"I can only speak for soap, if Brian wants us to handle his AS in the same sale, that’ll be fine. I can ask him when I have the numbers."

I have really never organized something like this. Maybe someone can do this or I can if you think there is a intrest.

I respect their decision, but wonder why they didn’t consider selling it since they’re not interested in running it?

I don't often spend time on this forum. This is the first time in many years. I'm here for this one post then I'm gone again.

Maybe I can explain it sufficiently... (or maybe not)

The reason I didn't sell it is because I designed my splashes for my use and not everything is for sale. Finding myself in business was serendipity at the time. I had just retired and I told myself I had time to do it. One day I wasn't in business and the next day I was. By not selling it I keep control of my formulas which was my intent from day one. I started out making my splashes for myself and that's the way it remains today. Now I'm fully retired and I like that.

If I should decide to sell it at some point it will still make the new owner $. But that's not even on my radar at this point.

Fair enough. Good luck to you.
I don't often spend time on this forum. This is the first time in many years. I'm here for this one post then I'm gone again.

Maybe I can explain it sufficiently... (or maybe not)

The reason I didn't sell it is because I designed my splashes for my use and not everything is for sale. Finding myself in business was serendipity at the time. I had just retired and I told myself I had time to do it. One day I wasn't in business and the next day I was. By not selling it I keep control of my formulas which was my intent from day one. I started out making my splashes for myself and that's the way it remains today. Now I'm fully retired and I like that.

If I should decide to sell it at some point it will still make the new owner $. But that's not even on my radar at this point.

Top Bottom