What's new

Koraat..Maybe the Best of Show?

must surely be approaching zero...
Consider me the odd one out. :)
But only because of the waitlist. I check to see if he has stock items. So all I have to do is wait until Sami cancels his mint scaled 14 order. :a26:

I can't find a website to order a Rigarazor, so safely sheltered from their offers.
I'd really love an S.K. Colling too. But in all fairness, I lack the funds for any of them. So meh. I'll just drule all over you guy's stuff.

If I'm fair Ertan Suer's razors are more in my price range. The one I have is absolutely perfect.
If only someone would buy my DE razors so I can clear some funds :sob:

Consider me the odd one out. :)
But only because of the waitlist. I check to see if he has stock items. So all I have to do is wait until Sami cancels his mint scaled 14 order. :a26:

I can't find a website to order a Rigarazor, so safely sheltered from their offers.
I'd really love an S.K. Colling too. But in all fairness, I lack the funds for any of them. So meh. I'll just drule all over you guy's stuff.

If I'm fair Ertan Suer's razors are more in my price range. The one I have is absolutely perfect.
If only someone would buy my DE razors so I can clear some funds :sob:
Don't trust in me, I won't cancel... maybe someday it will end up at the bay when I come (again) to the conclusion that straights are far too dangerous. After each cut that's what I'm thinking... until I get a cut from a DE razor. Then everything starts from the beginning :Veg:

I have only found their Facebook page (Prosperine razor company), but lets not lead eachother into temptation.

They are Australian, so importing them is a financial disaster for us, Euro lads. VAT, customs and handling fees.
Customs fees should be around 3%. VAT is around 19%...

Aaaah, the consistent ways of the European Union. It's 21 percent VAT here in Belgium. And pretty sure it's 5 percent customs and handling fees. Adds up, knowing you have already payed VAT in the country of origin. If I'm not mistaken they even calculate all that on the total price (i.e. purchase price plus transport fee). At least thats what I got slapped with when I ordered from Heritage Inspired Shaving USA.

But, to get us back on track. At least ordering from Koraat means we dont pay any of that. 😎

Aaaah, the consistent ways of the European Union. It's 21 percent VAT here in Belgium. And pretty sure it's 5 percent customs and handling fees. Adds up, knowing you have already payed VAT in the country of origin. If I'm not mistaken they even calculate all that on the total price (i.e. purchase price plus transport fee). At least thats what I got slapped with when I ordered from Heritage Inspired Shaving USA.

But, to get us back on track. At least ordering from Koraat means we dont pay any of that. 😎
From a legal point of view a vendor selling for export should not calculate VAT in their country. That's paying unnecessary taxes. But I know that many don't know international tax regulations.

Back to Koraat. My second Koraat besides the 14-2.0er will have a convex grind. I really look forward how it will shave. So far I only have more or less hollow grinds.

14 2.0 ready a little earlier than expected!

14-2.0.jpg

I've since thought more on this, and have amended the design just a wee bit... from Near Wedge to Sheffield Style Full Hollow,

And, as an addendum, I'm not new to the straight razor community, and I must say that Ulrik at Koraat is the finest, most helpful and most reputable businessman in the straight razor community. He has, and is currently helping me immeasurably!

I've since thought more on this, and have amended the design just a wee bit... from Near Wedge to Sheffield Style Full Hollow,

And, as an addendum, I'm not new to the straight razor community, and I must say that Ulrik at Koraat is the finest, most helpful and most reputable businessman in the straight razor community. He has, and is currently helping me immeasurably!
Well said Bill! Ulrik is awesome!!

Top Bottom