What's new

Koraat..Maybe the Best of Show?

You lucky gents will find that they are very much worth the wait!

And, Ulrik has always bested his delivery times with me, so take heart!
For my last razor received from Ulrik, he estimated 12 weeks to manufacture and it took exactly 12 weeks until it was finished. If I have to wait 16 for the next one is still okay, I am not in a hurry. Will “play” with my other Koraats in the meantime. :)

Last edited:
Always nice to have (or nessesary) more than one Koraat 😄
The long waiting time arises due to a batch/model related manufacturing (and a lot of orders). In one week he produces 14 2.0, next week the Basic II and so on.

For my first full-customized Koraat, he estimated 16 weeks. It took 18 😱.
But he estimated 4 weeks for my Basic II and did it in 3 days (got space in his current lot) 😎
Here are my 4 Koraats (well, 3.5 Koraats)

Korader.jpg

13 of these unfinished Carl Rader 141 blanks were found at Dovo's attic (litteraly) 2 years ago (Card Rader brand were bought by Dovo in 1951 but never really revived). They all went to Ulrik to be ground and scaled (with different materials). Luckily I got my hands on one. An exceptional good razor and (I think) the basic idea for the Piggy Bank model.

Splash.jpg

Full customized 8/8 " Sheffield blank with the same tip as the Carld Rader, filework down to the pivot (replaces jimping) and a full blade "splash" finish with b/w horn scales, extra hollow with reduced belly

Basic.jpg

standard Basic II 8/8"

CVH.jpg

C.V. Heljestrand No. 134 7/8"
fully overhauled and scaled by Ulrik. What a great razor. So thin ground, that you can hear every single whisker to be cut down.

Ulrik does always a perfect job. I got these four by now but more to come, for sure

The long waiting time arises due to a batch/model related manufacturing (and a lot of orders). In one week he produces 14 2.0, next week the Basic II and so on.

But he estimated 4 weeks for my Basic II and did it in 3 days (got space in his current lot) 😎

View attachment 1703487

13 of these unfinished Carl Rader 141 blanks were found at Dovo's attic (litteraly) 2 years ago (Card Rader brand were bought by Dovo in 1951 but never really revived). They all went to Ulrik to be ground and scaled (with different materials). Luckily I got my hands on one. An exceptional good razor and (I think) the basic idea for the Piggy Bank model.

View attachment 1703490

Full customized 8/8 " Sheffield blank with the same tip as the Carld Rader, filework down to the pivot (replaces jimping) and a full blade "splash" finish with b/w horn scales, extra hollow with reduced belly

View attachment 1703497

standard Basic II 8/8"

View attachment 1703498

fully overhauled and scaled by Ulrik. What a great razor. So thin ground, that you can hear every single whisker to be cut down.

Ulrik does always a perfect job. I got these four by now but more to come, for sure
Very nice!

fully overhauled and scaled by Ulrik
Last week I enquired about a 14 2.0 with mint-coloured scales to go full Fili look-a like.(I am an absolute s*cker for the colour). Estimated time 12 weeks.
But waiting for the email I was lead into temptation and bought a set of two Heljestrand mk 31's. The Koraat order will have to wait.

From your post I understand Ulrik does rescaling jobs as well?
Did it take him long? It's probably against forum rules, but could you give a price estimate for that redo of your Heljestrand? One of my mk's original scales has a crack 🥺

Last week I enquired about a 14 2.0 with mint-coloured scales to go full Fili look-a like.(I am an absolute s*cker for the colour). Estimated time 12 weeks.
But waiting for the email I was lead into temptation and bought a set of two Heljestrand mk 31's. The Koraat order will have to wait.

Did it take him long? It's probably against forum rules, but could you give a price estimate for that redo of your Heljestrand? One of my mk's original scales has a crack 🥺
CVH are always good (have an MK 30 ivory and the No 134) but I’m afraid I can’t tell you a price, because a forum member offered me the SR as it’s looking. 🙇‍♂️
But yes, he is doing rescaling jobs as well.
Just drop Ulrik a mail, he is a really nice guy always willing to help.

View attachment 1703487

View attachment 1703490

View attachment 1703497

standard Basic II 8/8"

View attachment 1703498

Wow!!

Very impressive!!

That's exactly what I have odered today. I hope that the mint-coloured scales are not transparent. Don't like that much seeing the blade through the scales. Did not get a feedback from Koraat so far, but now I know that it will take 12 weeks...

That's exactly what I have odered today.
Wooaaah Sami, congrats. Consider me very very jealous. From the looks of things they dont appear to be transparant. Very curious to see the end result. Dont get upset when I end up with one eventually as well 🤪 (although I really, really dislike wait lists)

Wooaaah Sami, congrats. Consider me very very jealous. From the looks of things they dont appear to be transparant. Very curious to see the end result. Dont get upset when I end up with one eventually as well 🤪 (although I really, really dislike wait lists)
Maybe you will see me getting more active on eBay to finance my purchase. I'm not using my Gillettes any more since I getting constant results from straight razor shaving. I never thought that someone can get addicted to straight razor shaving but it seems that this happened to me. So why not use the best tools on the market for your addiction... best drugs :thumbup1:

Top Bottom