What's new

Honing GOATs

Though I've never tried one of his edges, I'd like to nominate Mr. A.G. Russell too the hall of honemeisters. I've learned more about to sharpening from one of his 10 mom videos than I learned in 10 years. I have a translucent black from his line and it is spectacular. It's the only stone that sits by my sink. I will own a war eagle at some point because I can imagine it will be a cut of washita and by judging my hard ark from him i would guess they're amazing.

Probably too late to this party. Plus I have yet to send a razor out for edge refresh or restore. But I have bought a number of brand new shave-ready SRs.

Ertan Süer edges have been great on arrival. And I have bought 'too many' of his razors, 7/8, 6/8 and 5/8. I also have to say, his full razor designs with the varied scales and his traditional/slyly humorous/beautiful etchings are, for me, the best creative SR works out there.

My only Rigarazor arrived with an untouchable edge.

My new Aust 5/8 had an excellent edge, beating new SRs from Dovo, T-I, Boker, Golddachs, and Klaas by a large margin.

I enjoyed some great edges by @SliceOfLife when doing some blind edge testing for him.

Worst 'shave-ready' new razors? A 5/8 T-I that I sent back to the vendor (great vendor though) and my second Golddachs 5/8 I bought for beans on Amazon. That Golddachs (unlike one I bought from The Superior Shave) would not even shave. I had to set the bevel, not just upgrade the finish.

Top Bottom