What's new

Katie Puckrick's Sartorial Review

I posted this video already, but didn't want it to get lost on page two of the Sartorial discussion in THIS THREAD .
Watching a rock star fumie like Katie review a Penhaligon's classic barbershop style scent is worth watching twice! :thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy, if only our wives were as passionate about fragrance...

:lol::lol::lol:

So many things to say that will only get me in trouble!!!

One of the only...no wait... actually she is the only reviewer of fragrances that I like.

There are others I like, but she's my favorite. I love how she describes concisely, yet in detail, the notes she gets from a scent, and she gets major points for humor, wit, style and beauty! :thumbup1:

Katie is lovely in every way, and knowledgeable! I did not know Bertrand Duchaufour had done as much as he has with Pen's.

I absolutely love what she says about women wearing Sartorial. I think most of the discussion of whether there are masculine and feminine scents is directed to whether a man can wear a particular scent. I think the other side is a much cooler discussion. I have said many times, for instance, that I want to meet the woman who wears K10. I know they are out there because I have read posts by women who do.

I would not consider Sartorial fresh exactly, as KP does.

Still, she is great!

I met her once... had no idea she had a fragrance-gig. She was friendly with my ex-, visited. That was before the fragrance gig, no doubt, and before I was paying attention to these things at all. This is a good review, interesting.

Last edited:
I've never been to The Scent Bar. Maybe I should visit some time.... take a drive over the hill. (Not in the hopes of seeing Ms. Puckrik there, just to find out what it is!)

I've never been to The Scent Bar. Maybe I should visit some time.... take a drive over the hill. (Not in the hopes of seeing Ms. Puckrik there, just to find out what it is!)
Are you crazy? Yes, of course, you should visit the Scent Bar! I'm not on their payroll, but every frag head on several continents envies LA for the Scent Bar. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are more niche scents in any one store than here, including Paris.

If you weren't into fragrance when you walked in the door, you will be when you leave. They are also very cool....not going to pressure you into a thing. The concept is what the name implies- a "bar" to try fragrances. It would be shocking if you don't find something you really like there.

Last edited:
Yes, of course you're delusional, Chris! But that has nothing to do with the fact the she has indeed posted here before.

Yes, I think it was a couple of years ago. I believe she stopped in and said "Hi", and that was about it.

There was a little back-and-forth off-board with KP about after shaves and wet shaving.... (see http://www.katiepuckriksmells.com/search?q=badger+&+blade&x=0&y=0 ; and see http://badgerandblade.com/vb/archive/index.php/t-176278.html ; and see http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/176287-Welcome-“Katie-Puckrik-smells”-readers ). I don't know if her plug attracted new members, but it was kind of cool at the time....

...and I don't know if she did post here. But I'm sure she's a regular lurker. [Hi, Katie!]

Are you crazy? Yes, of course, you should visit the Scent Bar! I'm not on their payroll, but every frag head on several continents envies LA for the Scent Bar. I could be wrong, but I doubt there are more niche scents in any one store than here, including Paris.

If you weren't into fragrance when you walked in the door, you will be when you leave. They are also very cool....not going to pressure you into a thing. The concept is what the name implies- a "bar" to try fragrances. It would be shocking if you don't find something you really like there.
My wallet is gonna be very upset with us.... (or at least my creditors might be!)

Thanks for sharing this again, Randy. I missed it in the Sartorial thread.

:thumbup1:

You can subscribe on Katie's site and get email notifications when she posts new videos and blog posts. They're not always scents us guys will wear, but they are always informative and entertaining.

Last edited:
I've seen a dozen or so of her reviews and she is very interesting and charismatic. One review of her's that sticks in my head was for Guerlain's Shalimar. It was quite good. Love Sartorial by the way. It's been on my list for a big bottle forever.... I've still got about 2/3 of one of the little 10 ml bottles that come in the Pen's Gentleman's sample collection. It's my favorite Pen's scent of all the ones I've tried.

Ben

:thumbup1:

You can subscribe on Katie's site and get email notifications when she posts new videos and blog posts. They're not always scents us guys will wear, but they are always informative and entertaining.

Yeah, I've watched a bunch of her reviews. Just happened to miss that one.

Top Bottom