What's new

Just off the Lathe...

I wanted to come up with a new, blocky/beefy design that still sorta captures the ray-gun style vibe that I’ve been doing with my brushes lately. I know the design and maybe even the wood is not for everyone... but I dig it.

I’d love to hear all your opinions!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Interesting. You said yourself the wood probably isn't for everyone. Color ply isn't something I gravitate towards. However the colors in that piece are good colors and you did a great job shaping the handle to accentuate the layers. The craftsmanship is spot on and you like the material which is what important. So overall a great brush that many people would be proud to call there own.

That laminate combination has turned out well and the pattern is quite striking. The handle dwarfs the knot though or is the knot set very low.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
The shape is interesting, I don't really care for the very bottom of the handle
and for Me the extra bit makes it look a little uncomfortable.
I like the colors 👌 those blanks come in a bunch of different colors right? Purple, green , blue and red ?
Any tear out when you are working the
material on the coves?
What did you use for the finish?

The shape is interesting, I don't really care for the very bottom of the handle
and for Me the extra bit makes it look a little uncomfortable.
I like the colors [emoji108] those blanks come in a bunch of different colors right? Purple, green , blue and red ?
Any tear out when you are working the
material on the coves?
What did you use for the finish?

I agree with you on the bottom. The more I look at it, the more I want to chop it down.

Yes, there is tear out with this stuff if you’re not careful. Gotta take small, thin cuts.

I’m using Starbond CA glue.

Interesting. You said yourself the wood probably isn't for everyone. Color ply isn't something I gravitate towards. However the colors in that piece are good colors and you did a great job shaping the handle to accentuate the layers. The craftsmanship is spot on and you like the material which is what important. So overall a great brush that many people would be proud to call there own.

Agreed, I really like the way it "pulsates" with the layers, so cool.

I agree with you on the bottom. The more I look at it, the more I want to chop it down.

Yes, there is tear out with this stuff if you’re not careful. Gotta take small, thin cuts.

I’m using Starbond CA glue.

Not for nothing, but I really like the bottom part. I feel like it'd look a little less complete without it. That's just me, though. The more I'm looking at it, the more I really dig the whole shape.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I don't believe that I have ever seen a brush made of different colors of layered wood. I could see Captain Kirk using it!

Top Bottom