What's new

Revised version - opinions sought!

I prefer the handle design on the right and both colors look good to me but that also depends on pouring the mix into the molds. My point is, that the brush on the left in the first pic looks like an abalone shell to me and not the second brush in hte seocnd picture.

Tell me what you think! I wanted to get feedback from you all on our brushes. We have an artisan that has made them for many years to my design. Both shape and color. They have proven to be steady sellers from day one. Our current offering is on the right. Secure grip, nautical color to the resin - a swirling blend of blue and bronze.

I had him make up one this shape in a different color resin, call it abalone. It favors the shell of the same color. I had him create a new shape for us on his lathe. In the hand it feels chunkier to me in a good way, fingers nestle right in there.

What do you think of:

1. Color
2. Shape

Be candid, you aren't going to hurt any feelings here. Mainly I had him create this one-off for feedback both good and bad. Both of these have the synthetic knot and we have them available in Silvertip as well but are presently out of stock.

And there is an idea: What if silver tip were only available in this new color and shape handle. Then the synthetic remains as it is. Or maybe you can come up with another version? Would love to hear what you all think!

~ The Captain

View attachment 1793399

View attachment 1793400
I have too many brushes, so I am not a buyer of either, but I like the handle on the right the best.
But the one on the left is pretty good, and I think it would look even better if it was trimmed down slightly, maybe with 5-10-15% trimmed off, as in its current form it is a bit chunky. But that girth might be the (main) appeal to the prospective buyer or a guy with bigger hands.

While I prefer the one on the right, if I already had one with that handle shape and was buying my second brush, I would choose the one on the left. I think offering some variety is best if possible.

I'm partial to the one on the right. It looks like it might not impact a bowl like the larger diameter one on the right.
The color of the one on the right is my preference.

Top Bottom