What's new

Just curious about all things great and small

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
So I was wondering if anyone other than me actually still carries a very small handgun chambered in what is considered as a very underpowered caliber; 22 LR or Short, 25acp, 32acp, S&W 32 short or long?

Whether it is a primary or secondary handgun would be interesting but mainly I am curious how many folk really do carry little "Mouse Guns".

When I say small I'm thinking of guns in the Beretta 21 or 3032 size or smaller including the various derringer type revolvers. Maybe guns like the Colt Vest Pocket or Baby Browning or Astra 400 (AkA Colt Junior) or any of the literally dozens of similar pistols that were very popular right up into the late 1960s when the importation of such handguns was banned.

proxy.php

I am a proponent of carrying what ever you can use and hit accurately. Anything else is irrelevant, in my.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am a proponent of carrying what ever you can use and hit accurately. Anything else is irrelevant, in my.

opinion, lol.

Agree completely. I carry a Ruger LCR .357, but I only shoot .38 through it.

I have the same gun in .22, but only practice with it. The trigger is different, but cheap to shoot. I wouldn't want to be hit with any bullet, let alone a .22, so I would carry it in a heartbeat if I had to.

opinion, lol.

Agree completely. I carry a Ruger LCR .357, but I only shoot .38 through it.

I have the same gun in .22, but only practice with it. The trigger is different, but cheap to shoot. I wouldn't want to be hit with any bullet, let alone a .22, so I would carry it in a heartbeat if I had to.
Thanks for finishing it for me. [emoji16]

FarmerTan

Thanks for finishing it for me. [emoji16]

I knew that you would not mind, lol.

It is my opinion that most folks that like to argue about caliber leave their guns home most of the time.

A .357 is useless to me as a concealed gun, as I have a tough time bringing it back on target after I shoot it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
With the blessed cool weather, mouseguns go back in the safe until April!

Hm, one is SAFER in cold weather...

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've always wanted a NAA .22 mag "Onion Field" gun, but always find something else to spend my money on.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lol, not the mice! My attack cats are on the lookout...

Yeah, ours has discovered the "flaked trout" cat food, and she is seriously on the hunt ... needs more calories with this cold weather.

This clever little creature can pry open the pantry door, and has wrestled a can of cat food out on her own!

Luckily, she cannot open the can by herself. Yet. She still needs us, her human slaves ...

AA

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Tell me about it. I might even have to switch to long pants.

Just put on a vest put away last spring ... took two days to notice an EXOTAC lighter and 18650 flashlight in one of the gun pockets!

Battery was still charged, too.

AA

FarmerTan

I have my own such; "The Spanish Armada."

Same thing. Luckily I bought most firearms long ago ...

AA
Amen. My toy shopping days mostly ended at the altar.

And lucky for me, she's a tightwad, so I have a roof over my head. And a place to store my toys, I suppose!

Top Bottom