What's new

Just an Observation...your thoughts?

While I could, and still can get a superlative shave from a Fusion Power with a fresh blade for 2-3 days, after the initial "honeymoon" period, I am blessed with a lovely assortment of ingrown hairs.

I tried the Fusion as well and couldn't use it more often than ever other day without getting myself into trouble. I always got them right on the edge of my upper lip and d*mn did they hurt! The M3 was better - I could go for the workweek without problems, and the old Atra was even better. But since switching to straights I haven't had an ingrown in a couple of years - I don't think I've ever gotten one from a straight actually...

I have seen quite a few people here that still refer to having to use an M3, or other disposable when "they are in a hurry," "traveling," or the like. Now, I am no rocket scientist nor am I the speediest guy in the bathroom, but I find it just as easy to do a quick shave with some soap, brush (lather on the face), and DE than I do with a disposable. It may just be me, but I personally think that any DE shave (no matter how rough) is better than any shave you can get with a disposable.
or
maybe I am just an old-school wetshaving snob...:cool:

What do you guys think about the "too busy/not easy enough" crowd?

I travel frequently on business, and refuse to check luggage. For me, DE is not an option unless I go to the drugstore in my destination city every time for blades. I use the BIC Metals when I travel. If I could, I would use DE.

It's not about speed, it's about not getting a full body massage by the TSA:w00t:

I'm with MOTO MIKE...but with a caveat...I really REALLY try to revolve my life, my meals, my sleep, my work, around what time I will shave. Usually I'm up around 5-5:15 for a nice 40-45 minute period...if it pushes much earlier, I'll hit it the night before.

But I'm with Moto Mike on the fact that I will never go back. I really can't remember the last time plastic, 2-3-4-? blades and a "comfort strip" have touched my face.

Sometimes the time involved/available dictates the choice of razor. I typically use my Fatboy. When I feel pressured or hurried, I'll often opt for an Aristocrat, which is a marvelously smooth shaver, or a 50's Superspeed, which (YMMV) in my hands is well-nigh impossible to cut one's self with!

on the rare occasion that I need to hurry to get my shave done, I can use KMF or Cremo without a brush and do two passes in probably about 3 minutes with a DE. Seems to be about the same as I did with my Sensor. I won't go back. Never:frown2:

I also find that KMF used brushless gives a trouble-free, fast, comfortable DE shave. This was reaffirmed this morning. :biggrin:

I cant go back. I threw all of my old stuff away. Once you switch to the dark side there is no turning back.:lol:

You have this backward my friend, you WERE on the dark side. Now you belong to the side of enlightenment. "May the Gillette be with you". :lol::lol:

Staying on topic, I am a DE man thru and thru. A rushed shaved is a rushed shave no matter what you use.

When I used an M5, I also used Williams and a brush. On rare occasion I would use a can if reeeallly pressed for time or if I ran out of pucks. Shaving was never über afst for me (save bootcamp).

I could shave just as fast with a Tech and face lathering as I could with a M5 and easily get a better shave.

My "in a hurry shave" consists of shaving in the shower, soap only, lathering on my face and only two passes with a few minor touch ups.

Can't take longer than 4 minutes. How much of a hurry do you have to be in to require something faster?

The alternative is always to shave in the evenings, when one has unlimited time.

A full hour of shaving scents and delights, along with a nice cognac is something i'll treat myself too if I have to be up too early to want to shave the next day.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I used to do some touch-up under the nose area with a Gillette disposable but now I have done away with that altogether and have become proficient enough to go atg under the nose with a DE.

If I am in a hurry, I usually go for a Schick Injector shave.

Top Bottom