What's new

July 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

Gillette Slim Adjustable @7
Gillette Silver Blue
Yaqi Moka Express 2-Band 26mm
Razorock XXX

IMG-2913.jpg

Still in. But I have a new (to me) razor. Traded my FOCS away to our host and received two in return, of which this Mk1 Fatip Piccolo is one. I loaded it with a Shark stainless. Went okay. I keep opening a nick in the same spot on my neck all the time lately and did it again with this one, but not too bad otherwise. Have to be careful with this Fatip.

DF0C6073-DB80-43FA-B419-C54776856567.jpeg

Still in
I have a somewhat embarrassing fact to share...
Today is the very first time I have finished a shaving product. I have been wetshaving for nearly five years and for the vast majority of that I got distracted by every shiny new object that came on the market, often enough that my "rotation" became overwhelming and seasonal. Finally though, I have finished a product. It encouraged me to dig out another nearly gone product and I hope to finish that shortly.

Thanks grume, one empty bottle is a start!
0707211951a~2.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Still in
I have a somewhat embarrassing fact to share...
Today is the very first time I have finished a shaving product. I have been wetshaving for nearly five years and for the vast majority of that I got distracted by every shiny new object that came on the market, often enough that my "rotation" became overwhelming and seasonal. Finally though, I have finished a product. It encouraged me to dig out another nearly gone product and I hope to finish that shortly.

Thanks grume, one empty bottle is a start!
View attachment 1293471
That's how it starts

still in

Prep : warm shower / Bulldog original face wash
Brush : Proraso boar by Omega
Cream : Gilette pure cream / Cremo refreshing mint 50/50
Razor : Merkur 34 C
Blade : Shark SS (1)
Post : alum block ,Nivea AS balm cooling effect , Gold bond powder

DFS, a small nick, nice combo on the soap as I am using what I have on hand

still in.

Wolfman WR2 1.45 OC
Wilkinson Sword Super Sword-Edge (5)
Simpsons Chubby 3 manchurian
SV Cubebe Soap
SV Cubebe Aftershave

A good shave today, compared to yesterday's lazy half-effort! The chubby 3 allowed for very thick lather coating for 2 passes. The wilkinson blade was perfectly smooth and sharp, very easy to go over difficult areas without any irritation.

SOTD
  • Rockwell 6S (4)
  • Nacet (7)
  • Stirling Orange Chill
  • Beagle (butterscotch fan)
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS
After taking yesterday off - and applying a number of my post-shave items during the day to speed the healing process - it was back to the relative safety of the Rockwell. Today's shave did not disappoint. I avoided ATG and instead used very deliberate WTG/XTG strokes, and came out in good shape. Lessons learned.

Onward!

Top Bottom