What's new

Johnniegold

Johnniegold..... what comes to mind when I think of you is from the "Wizard of Oz".... "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain". B&B has a lot to thank you for.... what we have all seen out in the open. I wish to thank you for all the things you have done "from behind the curtain" !!!!

Congrats Bob....well deserved

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
First of all, I would like to thank the Moderators for bestowing this prestigious honor upon me. I am truly humbled by this distinction and I am honored to be placed in the company of the previous recipients of the Merit Award.

When I first joined B&B in December of 2006, B&B had less than 5000 members. It was a much different B&B then. It wasn’t a better B&B, just different. I remember when B&B reached the 5000th member plateau and then the 10,000th member milestone and today there are almost 40,000 members here at B&B.

The growth of B&B is not an accident. It is not happenstance that this site continues to grow exponentially. The reason why B&B continues to grow at such a rapid pace is because of the quality of people who decide to spend some of their free time here. It is because of YOU.

Also, B&B continues to grow at a rapid pace because of the quality of the people behind-the-scenes that dedicate their time not only to making B&B the outstanding place that it is, but they also work with an eye on what they hope it can be in the future. I am speaking of the Moderators. When I was asked to join the Moderator Team in 2008, I accepted the invitation without an inkling of what it was that they really did behind-the-scenes.

Well, I was quick to find out that it is not a position for the faint of heart, nor is it a position for those who vacillate. These people are some of the best and brightest people on this board and they are committed to making B&B the very best it can be so that you may come here and enjoy the fruits of their labor. They have jobs, they have families and yet they are committed to the task at hand.

Ultimately, their work would be for naught, their dedication would be without reward, without… YOU. You, the members that comprise B&B. The membership of B&B is far and away the best group of people assembled anywhere on the internet. For proof, all one has to do is read the content contained on this board. The gentlemanly discourse, the witty banter, the willingness to share information and to help each other, the generosity of our members, is beyond reproach. It is truly a “community” in the best sense of the word.

It was an honor to work with this merry band of brothers for the two years that I served on the Moderator Team. Without them, I would not be receiving this award. It was only through their help, guidance, encouragement and kindness that WE were able to accomplish the things that we set out to do. I am very pleased that I have had an opportunity to get to know these fine individuals. They are truly an exceptional group. :thumbup1:

I am proud to be a part of this community. The one thing that I am most proud of is the moment this community decides to come together for a cause. It is that very moment which crystallizes what B&B means to me and exemplifies the quality of the people that choose to spend their time at B&B and at the same time exhibits the power of B&B's potential when we choose to come together as a community.

I thank you again for bestowing this honor upon me and I accept it on behalf of all of the members that have helped B&B become the website that it is today. Thanks again.

Have I emptied out the place yet? :biggrin:

Top Bottom