What's new

Toothpick

Congrats Jason, and well deserved! We see publicly here only a fraction of the commitment he has to B&B.

I don't recall ever seeing an avatar as good a looking as this one:

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 4.48.44 PM.png

@luvmysuper did looked one aspect about Jason with the announcement and salutation: @Toothpick has great taste in hats. :wink2:

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Who would have thought that almost 10 years ago when I joined B&B I would spend most of that time goofing around behind the curtain. Oops, I mean dedicating a good amount of time helping to make B&B more awesome :001_tongu

I joined October 2012 and surprisingly this was the very first forum type thing I ever joined. I came to get info on double edge razors and traditional shaving like most other folks. 8 months later I was asked to be a Steward. It might sound weird but from the beginning I knew I wanted to join the team so of course I said yes. I really enjoyed the camaraderie and gentlemanly aspect B&B maintained. In 2015 I was asked to be a Moderator. So nearly all of my time here has been spent on the B&B team. I can honestly say it has been a real pleasure. This place, the public and private side, is like a 2nd family to me. And it empties my wallet like one too! :laugh:. It is really enjoyable being a member here. I tend to check B&B before I navigate anywhere else on the web. It's like the newspaper of the 21st century. I "pick up B&B" first thing in the morning.

I've never done anything here with the thought of any type of reward or "what's in it for me". I will wear this badge proudly and sincerely appreciate the recognition. I know there are many deserving members and I hope we can recognize them all. What the team does for B&B all to often goes unrecognized and we all accept that. It's very humbling to be thought of in such high regard as to receive a Merit Award. It's really not any one individual or the B&B Team that makes this place what it is. It's everyone, all of us together. I think each of us have a personal stake in B&B.

Thank you all very much! I really mean that. And thanks to Nick & Joel for creating this place eons ago and giving us all a place on the internet to call home.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Hearty congratulations JJ!
The vast majority of members here can never fully know what efforts are undertaken to keep the B&B running.
It is often said that 10% of the people in any organization do 90% of the work..
I have seen your efforts to support our mission unfailingly over the last years.
You are as they say "first into the breech"
Always ready to assist your teammates or a brand new member.
You are a hell of a gent!
Cheers.

Thanks Jim. That means a lot coming from such an esteemed gentleman as yourself.

@luvmysuper did looked one aspect about Jason with the announcement and salutation: @Toothpick has great taste in hats. :wink2:

Had I known I would have wore a better avatar! I should have went with the toothpicks.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Congratulations to you, Jason. Your Herculean efforts to make B&B a better place does not go unnoticed. Well-earned. Well-deserved.

Nicely done. :thumbup1:

You are a badger thru and thru.
:badger: :badger: :badger:

@luvmysuper
(Nice job by the Master of Ceremonies too 😉😀)

Top Bottom