What's new

Japanese Twin Injector Blades

I have gotten similar results from Chick blades. No wonder they are made by Energizer. They just keep going and going and going....:001_302:

For those perceptive gentlemen who use later model Schick Injectors which can accept the Japanese Schick II twin blades, the blades are available for $15 per tuck of 10. That price is at least $10 less than, and about half of what some sellers ask, on eBay. If you select JP Post Small Packet shipping, the shipping charges run about $2 to the US from Japan--but can take up to six weeks to arrive.

I recently got 51 shaves from one blade, and @Jimsr got 65 shaves, so $1.50 per blade brings the cost down into the DE blade range per shave.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/saikatu/item/10008896/

Enjoy!

If the Japanese Schick company can make such long lasting stainless steel injector and AC blades then why cannot other brands make equivalent Gem, DE and Valet compatible blades?

If the Japanese Schick company can make such long lasting stainless steel injector and AC blades then why cannot other brands make equivalent Gem, DE and Valet compatible blades?

I assume that they could, but choose not to. Remember, Gillette's game plan was to make money from selling blades, not razors--a plan that seems to continue through the marketing of cartridge razors. Companies that made long-lasting blades (such as the Personna 74) lost money because, as blade life went up, sales figures went down.

I assume that they could, but choose not to. Remember, Gillette's game plan was to make money from selling blades, not razors--a plan that seems to continue through the marketing of cartridge razors. Companies that made long-lasting blades (such as the Personna 74) lost money because, as blade life went up, sales figures went down.

What I figured too. With current coating technology it would be possible to do diamond coated blade edges which would, I expect, increase blade life enormously.

The built in incentive to not make a blade that will last "forever" is strong, if profit is our primary motive for being in business.

All this reminds me that American technology also probably could make a large full sized sedan that would extract 50 miles out of each gallon of gasoline. But for what purpose?

It would not be in the best interest of the petroleum industry. And people would drive more. That would cause more freeway congestion and more accidents.

The outer boundaries of technology does not necessarily bring unmitigated blessings to modern society.

I'm very happy to have razor blades that give most of us from 5 to 25 comfortable and close shaves per blade.

So after reading this thread I have opted to use a Japanese Schick Twin in my newly acquired Personna Floating Head:
21207FF4-7CDB-4A7E-A81D-70114C9AFD86.jpeg

It was a choice between the Schick Twin and the OEM Personna 74s which came with my PFH.

If you guys are getting 60+ shaves from a Schick Twin then that actually puts these blades in the same class as the P74s doesn’t it?

I tried a Schick Injector II for the first time in a Type L this morning.

Honey, where you been all my life? I felt like I was cheating with that second blade, but faceturbation tells the tale.

I just wish these things weren't so expensive. But maybe they aren't if I get enough shaves out of one, eh?

So after reading this thread I have opted to use a Japanese Schick Twin in my newly acquired Personna Floating Head:
View attachment 832006
It was a choice between the Schick Twin and the OEM Personna 74s which came with my PFH.

If you guys are getting 60+ shaves from a Schick Twin then that actually puts these blades in the same class as the P74s doesn’t it?

I have gotten 49 shaves from a P74 and 51 shaves from a Schick II twin blade, so for me, they are equivalent in longevity. However, I do find the twin blades to be smoother and more forgiving than the P74s.

I have gotten 49 shaves from a P74 and 51 shaves from a Schick II twin blade, so for me, they are equivalent in longevity. However, I do find the twin blades to be smoother and more forgiving than the P74s.
Wow! So these are really are one of the ultimate blades - I’m so excited for the shave.

Well first impressions of this blade are VERY good - amazingly sharp, amazingly smooth:
A66CA50A-5556-48B3-96D4-6EEBDA2DE2F3.jpeg

In this Personna Floating Head the blade has a kind of bite to it as you feel the second edge behind the first.

Utterly awesome but the idea of 60 shaves in a row with the same razor and blade is completely alien to me :)

Well first impressions of this blade are VERY good - amazingly sharp, amazingly smooth:
View attachment 832154
In this Personna Floating Head the blade has a kind of bite to it as you feel the second edge behind the first.

Utterly awesome but the idea of 60 shaves in a row with the same razor and blade is completely alien to me :)
That last part might be the biggest ever understatement in the history of time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Stick with it--you'll get used to it.

That last part might be the biggest ever understatement in the history of time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Hmm... well I’ll stick with it until the next rare razor turns up at least...

Tonight’s shave (2!) the blade seemed to have become sharper and smoother than the first shave.

Perhaps a coating wore off, perhaps my face stropped the blade with the first shave, who knows?

In any case the Personna Floating Head clearly loves these blades and this was one of the best shaves of my life so far.
Amazing.
A4B3949C-B2C6-46F6-AFDD-479ED66C9FE7.jpeg

I meant that in the nicest way possible, Marcus. I love seeing your pictures and reading about your passion for these razors!

I should pick up some twin blades.....did someone say they'll fit the adjustable M injectors?

I meant that in the nicest way possible, Marcus. I love seeing your pictures and reading about your passion for these razors!

I should pick up some twin blades.....did someone say they'll fit the adjustable M injectors?
Thanks Brian! There are so many amazing razors out there and there’s just always something new.

Discovering there are also some truly incredible blades like these Schick Twins has fired things up even more!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I just got my notice from the folks in Japan. They want to charge me 2200 yen for shipping. That comes out closer to $20 than $2. Anyone else get the email?

I paid something like that when I ordered the TWIN blades. I was not given a choice.

I have also ordered Schick Prolines from Japan (apparently from a different shop) and was given the choice of the inexpensive shipping.

I would not pay the high shipping again, and would cancel the order, and find another shop.

Hmm... well I’ll stick with it until the next rare razor turns up at least...

Tonight’s shave (2!) the blade seemed to have become sharper and smoother than the first shave.

Perhaps a coating wore off, perhaps my face stropped the blade with the first shave, who knows?

In any case the Personna Floating Head clearly loves these blades and this was one of the best shaves of my life so far.
Amazing.
View attachment 832532

In my experience with the twin blades, I’ve found the first shave to rather rough, but after that first shave it isn’t jus smooth and stays that way for a long time. I’ve been getting 70+ shaves per blade and they’re all smooth until the blade gives up and it does that rather quickly.

I'm on shave # 24 using my O Ring Clone and no signs of the blade dulling at all. Simply amazing blade IMO. I'd love to see what this blade can do in a even more efficient razor than the Clone but I'm not that familiar with various models of injector razors so I have no idea what to look for. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm on shave # 24 using my O Ring Clone and no signs of the blade dulling at all. Simply amazing blade IMO. I'd love to see what this blade can do in a even more efficient razor than the Clone but I'm not that familiar with various models of injector razors so I have no idea what to look for. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The earlier Schick Injector razors, Types D through J, tend to be more aggressive than the Types L through O, but none of them are extremely aggressive or extremely mild. I'd recommend trying one near the middle, e.g. a Type G or I. However, if you want to use the twin blades, you might damage the razor for use with normal blades because they were not designed for blades as thick as the twins. Some gents have used them with twins and report success, but I'm happy with my twins in the Type O and it's clone.

RENALDO.US - Schick Injector razor history and Colonel Jacob Schick

The earlier Schick Injector razors, Types D through J, tend to be more aggressive than the Types L through O, but none of them are extremely aggressive or extremely mild. I'd recommend trying one near the middle, e.g. a Type G or I. However, if you want to use the twin blades, you might damage the razor for use with normal blades because they were not designed for blades as thick as the twins. Some gents have used them with twins and report success, but I'm happy with my twins in the Type O and it's clone.

RENALDO.US - Schick Injector razor history and Colonel Jacob Schick
Good info and thanks! I love the Clone so I don't need any other injector but I was just curious if any more aggressive/efficient injectors accepted the Twins.

Top Bottom