What's new

Japanese Twin Injector Blades

For those perceptive gentlemen who use later model Schick Injectors which can accept the Japanese Schick II twin blades, the blades are available for $15 per tuck of 10. That price is at least $10 less than, and about half of what some sellers ask, on eBay. If you select JP Post Small Packet shipping, the shipping charges run about $2 to the US from Japan--but can take up to six weeks to arrive.

I recently got 51 shaves from one blade, and @Jimsr got 65 shaves, so $1.50 per blade brings the cost down into the DE blade range per shave.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/saikatu/item/10008896/

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Yes, they will. The Type L was the first razor that was specifically designed to use them. Any Schick injector after the Type L can also use them, and many Gents have reported using them in earlier Schick Types, although I cannot personally recommend that practice because it can cause head problems in the earlier Types.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a very good price. I have about 130 vintage Personna twins, however, so I doubt that I'll jump in. By the way, one can often find bargains for the vintage twins on eBay (I know I did).

Yes, that's a very good price. I have about 130 vintage Personna twins, however, so I doubt that I'll jump in. By the way, one can often find bargains for the vintage twins on eBay (I know I did).
I've been looking off and on but can't score a deal (I need your mojo!) I did order a pack today from the above link but haven't heard back with the final price.

I've been looking off and on but can't score a deal (I need your mojo!) I did order a pack today from the above link but haven't heard back with the final price.

I looked for a long time, but ended up paying only $.76 per blade. Enter your Zen mode!

I looked for a long time, but ended up paying only $.76 per blade.
Wow great price

Enter your Zen mode!

My Zen isn't too good!
proxy.php

Between two razors, I now have 70 shaves using the Japanese Twin blades. (65 with a N-1, 5 and counting with my O clone) to me the Twins have provided the bes, most comfortable shaves I've ever had. The O clone is ever so slightly more comfortable and smoother than the N. I don't know why as the heads appear to be identical. Perhaps it's the additional 1/2 ounce weight. Either way, I don't think I'll go back to a DE. These are just so much more efficient and comfortable to use.
By all means if you're using an L type or later try the twins, I believe you will not be disappointed. If you want to "splurge", spend the $32 or so and pick up a O type clone from eBarbershop. And enjoy the comfortable combo.

I just got my notice from the folks in Japan. They want to charge me 2200 yen for shipping. That comes out closer to $20 than $2. Anyone else get the email?

I've never ordered anything from EMS. The Japanese company I've used is Rakuten, and they have two options--regular mail rate, and the Small Packet rate. The regular rate can be outrageous because it deals with shipments in the kilogram range.

I recently received a pack of these blades from EBay. With all the other razor systems I have, I won't be needing anymore any time soon.

I haven't used one yet, I've only the Gillette Trac II Twin injector blade and it was nice.

Using the link from @xxvaleria, I also see $14.97 per pack of 10. When I hit the link for "Estimate shipping charges" the only pull-down option for shipping is EMS aka International Express Mail.
Is it perhaps different when ordering and not just estimating?
When I dig deeper, it has a notce that shipping may vary between shops.???

Top Bottom