What's new

Japanese Twin Injector Blades

Good info and thanks! I love the Clone so I don't need any other injector but I was just curious if any more aggressive/efficient injectors accepted the Twins.
@xvaleria has covered the Schicks which are all relatively mild from the Type G onwards.
The only more aggressive Injectors after the Type E that I know are the PAL Injectomatic, PAL Adjustable, Personna Executive and now the Personna Floating Head.

The PALs and the Executive WON’T accept the twin blades safely so that just leaves the Personna Floating Head.
This loves the twin blades and has a lot of bite to it.

There’s also the Gillette Twinjector but I have no idea how aggressive that is.

@xvaleria has covered the Schicks which are all relatively mild from the Type G onwards.
The only more aggressive Injectors after the Type E that I know are the PAL Injectomatic, PAL Adjustable, Personna Executive and now the Personna Floating Head.

The PALs and the Executive WON’T accept the twin blades safely so that just leaves the Personna Floating Head.
This loves the twin blades and has a lot of bite to it.

There’s also the Gillette Twinjector but I have no idea how aggressive that is.

Schick Dial should take the twin blade!

IMAG0576_1.jpg

Schick Dial should take the twin blade!

View attachment 832887
Oh yeah - I’d forgottten all about the Adjustable M.

So have we covered all known Injectors now?:
Schick A to O (and clones)
PAL Injectomatic
PAL Adjustable
Personna US Model
Personna Executive
Personna Floating Head
Gillette Twinjector (were there any other Gillette Injectors?)
Supply Provision
Bunny

And the twin blades are only compatible with the later Schicks (L onwards), Personna Floating Head and Gillette...

Last edited:
How does the blade life compare to a Schick vintage injector twin to the currently available Japanese twin blades?

I got a few of the Schick twin vintage injectors but have only used it a couple times, I'm hoping they would at least last as long as the Japanese twins as described in this thread.

I haven't used injectors in a while but after reading the posts here I'm going to start using them again more consistently, now that I know that I can get twin injector blades readily available.

PAL Injectomatic
PAL Adjustable
Personna US Model
Personna Executive
Personna Floating Head
Supply Provision
Bunny

And the twin blades are only compatible with the later Schicks (L onwards), Personna Floating Head and Gillette...
Did anyone try the Twin blades in the Supply Provision? On the site it says it will accept any injector blade. If it did I'm thinking with the 3 baseplates it could be a seriously efficient shaver if the Twins work in it.

PAL Injectomatic
PAL Adjustable
Personna US Model
Personna Executive
Personna Floating Head
Supply Provision
Bunny

Hi Marcus,
The Twin Blade works well in an I1 too, used one in the last week.
Mike

Did anyone try the Twin blades in the Supply Provision? On the site it says it will accept any injector blade. If it did I'm thinking with the 3 baseplates it could be a seriously efficient shaver if the Twins work in it.
According to the manufacturer it does not take a Twin Blade.

Marcus,
But not with the ones with the rising levers [ Hydromagics]
Mike
Thanks Mike!
So now we have that the Twin Blades are compatible with:
Schicks non-Hydromagic I, non-Hydromagic J, L onwards
Personna Floating Head
Gillette Twinjector

It seems to me using a twin injector blade in the Schick adjustable type M is excessive, redundant, and wasteful. The Type M on the highest setting of 8 is more than enough aggression with a regular blade, and I have a coarse beard.

It seems to me using a twin injector blade in the Schick adjustable type M is excessive, redundant, and wasteful. The Type M on the highest setting of 8 is more than enough aggression with a regular blade, and I have a coarse beard.

What about dialing the razor down to a lower setting to find the perfect blade feel and comfort while maximizing efficiency with the twin blade? Mild razor/sharp blade.

What about dialing the razor down to a lower setting to find the perfect blade feel and comfort while maximizing efficiency with the twin blade? Mild razor/sharp blade.

Agreed. Adjustable M with a twin blade is my favorite injector setup. I dial it up all the way for most of the shave, and dial it down for more sensitive areas. But either dialed up or toned down, it's a different feel altogether than with a single-blade. And it may sound counterintuitive, but for me - a wide open M Adjustable with a twin feels less harsh on my face than with a single-blade.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
This morning I had some extended moments when I couldn't feel the blade. At first I thought I had the angle of my Type O clone just perfectly correct, but I tried other angles and still couldn't feel the blade sometimes. Sometimes I could hear (or feel) whiskers being cut.

This was not on my first pass, so there had already been significant beard reduction, but it sure seemed different from my last few shaves with the ebarbershop razor and TWIN blade.

I've used this blade (my first) for only about 8 shaves. Is it possibly getting dull? What do you notice when the TWIN is becoming dull?

If it were an inexpensive DE I'd toss it. I can afford to only get 8 shaves with a TWIN, but that's not what I have in mind, and I want to test its staying power.

Any advice, or pointers, or tips?

Much appreciated.

Happy shaves,

Jim

This morning I had some extended moments when I couldn't feel the blade. At first I thought I had the angle of my Type O clone just perfectly correct, but I tried other angles and still couldn't feel the blade sometimes. Sometimes I could hear (or feel) whiskers being cut.

This was not on my first pass, so there had already been significant beard reduction, but it sure seemed different from my last few shaves with the ebarbershop razor and TWIN blade.

I've used this blade (my first) for only about 8 shaves. Is it possibly getting dull? What do you notice when the TWIN is becoming dull?

If it were an inexpensive DE I'd toss it. I can afford to only get 8 shaves with a TWIN, but that's not what I have in mind, and I want to test its staying power.

Any advice, or pointers, or tips?

Much appreciated.

Happy shaves,

Jim

What kind of shave did it give you, Jim? I often can't feel the blade, but I still get a BBS.

Top Bottom