What's new

Japanese Twin Injector Blades

Some members have tried them in Type M (adjustable) and reported that they worked fine. I understand that anything after the ype L will work.

I agree. But for the life of me I cannot understand the rationale or the need of a twin blade in an adjustable razor! It's kinda like too much of a good thing.

Hmm. A twin injector would no longer be a single-edge razor. It would be a double-edge, albeit with both edges on one side. Do we need a new category for double singles or single doubles? Come one, OCD shavers! I know you can come up with something! :a21:

I've never ordered anything from EMS. The Japanese company I've used is Rakuten, and they have two options--regular mail rate, and the Small Packet rate. The regular rate can be outrageous because it deals with shipments in the kilogram range.

Unfortunately those apparently aren't the two choices they are offering now. I too went through the process of putting in the order on the Rakuten website, pending email contact by the particular store [I chose Paypal as payment option, but I have not been taken there yet.] On the Rakuten site, was told that I would choose shipping option (and then confirm payment) after contact by the vendor. I got the email from same, and this is the quote from the email concerning payment options:

"Shipping method is two ways of EMS or Surface mail.

Since it is as follows, Please reply to select the delivery method.

・EMS
2,250 yen Shipping
4-6 working days delivery

・Surface mail
2,050 yen Shipping
2-3 months delivery"

...That amounts to either about $18.45 for 2-3 month delivery, or about $20.25 for 4-6 working days (?!). Ah, well...

Well, that's something to consider.

The vendor also noted this regarding shipping:

"Postage is set higher than that of the total weight of the original.
This is because, packing commission etc have been plus postage.
We apologize for the inconvenience, Please understand."

...not sure what the bolded means, but guessing the regulations have changed.

Ah, I missed that one somehow. (I guess I missed it...I'm getting confused...) The delivered price is almost the same, but I see that yours has less slow delivery.

After emailing the Rakuten vendor that I was canceling, I got another email. He said that they do in fact offer small packet shipping, but don't normally mention it unless a customer specially inquires of the vendor (and that, of course, after already putting in a tentative order on the Rakuten site, then starting the order process up again upon contact with the vendor). In any case, he recommended combining small packet with registered mail, which would have been a total of about $8.63 for shipping. He didn't break it down into the cost of each part. (The small packet shipping in itself may still be only $2...)

I had a similar experience. I got my original order with an $18 EMS shipping charge and so I cancelled. I then read more folks posting here and reordered and when I got the same invoice (after checking off the small packet delivery option), I asked them to give me a quote on small packet. They came back with a quote of around $9 for for small packet with half of the cost going for registered mail. I wrote back saying just the postage and no registered mail, and I got back an invoice for small packet plus registered mail. At this point, I saw where it was not too far off from the ebay listing of $21 plus $2 for shipping and so I cancelled again, and will probably order from ebay instead of trying to deal with those folks that quote yo on something you specifically did not ask for and then not giving you a quote on what you did ask for, all along having the email written half in Japanese.

My Schick Proline blades arrived today, just seven days after my order. I had them shipped by Small Packet with no other bells or whistles, and the shipping cost was $2.99. With the cost of 60 blades, the total came to $22.20.

I've seen them in stores here (I live in Japan) but never thought of trying them because I assumed they needed a different kind of injector. I have an adjustable (M4?) so they might work in that....
What store chain have you seen japanese Schick injector II twins in? I've a friend In Tokyo who may bring me some back if he doesn't have too muck trouble finding them

What store chain have you seen japanese Schick injector II twins in? I've a friend In Tokyo who may bring me some back if he doesn't have too muck trouble finding them

The chains near here are Musashi and Kahma, which are both hardware/DIY type stores. They're in most supermarkets, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chains near here are Musashi and Kahma, which are both hardware/DIY type stores. They're in most supermarkets, though.

How much do Schick Injector II blades cost in ordinary Japanese retail shops? I bought a 10 pack to try them, and they arrived in about 2 weeks. But they were almost $2.50 per blade shipped to the U.S.

How much do Schick Injector II blades cost in ordinary Japanese retail shops? I bought a 10 pack to try them, and they arrived in about 2 weeks. But they were almost $2.50 per blade shipped to the U.S.

I've never bought them, but I'd say around 1200 yen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom