What's new

Japanese Twin Injector Blades

On my order, I had to actually go to Checkout before I had the opportunity to select the shipping. They won't give you an estimate until you have made the order. You then have to wait a day or two until you get an email quoting the total cost, including shipping. At that point, you either confirm the order, or you can cancel it. My shipping for 60 of the Schick Proline blades (like Feather AC Pro) was $2.20. My assumption is that shipping for the Schick II twin blades would be about the same price.

It's all very Japanese. :001_unsur

I went and reordered and saw that there were two shipping options both written in Japanese. The first one led me to an EMS only drop down box. The second, I cut and pasted in a translation site and saw a bunch of english words that didn't make sense put together but I did see the words small and package and so I selected that. I am waiting for them to give me a shipping estimate and hoping the shipping is closer to $2.

I should have stayed in Japanese language school when I was young. I used to skip a lot of classes because I didn't know what they were saying.

I've ordered from them a couple of times, and each time it was like putting a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle together. However, in the end I was pleased with the result.

Like I said, it's all very Japanese--the sound of one hand clapping.

I finally got my email. I had asked for small package shipping. Here were my choices:
Delivery method that is normally available in our store is a shipping service and EMS.
I described as a comparison.
Since it is as follows, please send a reply.

・SAL(Thing small packages)+registered mail
1,160 yen Shipping
2-4 weeks delivery

・Airmail(Thing small packages)+registered mail
1,310 yen Shipping
7-10 working days delivery

・EMS
2,450 yen Shipping
4-6 working days delivery

They said that adding registered mail to the small package was 400 yen. This means that small package without tracking is about 800 yen.
My order would be for :
1 x Pro line p-30
2 x twin injector
So my choices for shipping are:
small package= $7.30
small package registered= $10.58
Airmail registered = $11.94
EMS= $22.34

This whole process is just so messed up!!

I finally got my email. I had asked for small package shipping. Here were my choices:

They said that adding registered mail to the small package was 400 yen. This means that small package without tracking is about 800 yen.
My order would be for :
1 x Pro line p-30
2 x twin injector
So my choices for shipping are:
small package= $7.30
small package registered= $10.58
Airmail registered = $11.94
EMS= $22.34

This whole process is just so messed up!!

Global Rakuten may be the Japanese Amazon, your order may be coming from two different vendors.

Global Rakuten may be the Japanese Amazon, your order may be coming from two different vendors.
I think you may be right. Some where between the half Japanese/half English email there was something about Rakuten isn't responsible for shipping.

There may be some truth to what you're saying. My order came from "MRM Rakuten Ichiba Shop" and the shipping was 330 Yen ($3). In the link I posted, the shop was "ELSHOP". My order was for the Schick Proline P30 blades, so I believe that there may be more than one shop under the Rakuten umbrella and the Schick IIs are coming from a different shop. If so, Imatabor might be being charged twice for the shipping--once by each of two shops.

I've ordered multiples of one item, but I've never ordered different items at one time (which evidently come from different stores).

Other eBay sellers are out there now for the Schick II Twin injector blades. $21.45 was the cheapest for a pack of 10, on eBay. Still more expensive than Rakuten, but more reasonable than the $30 for 10 blades.

I've seen them in stores here (I live in Japan) but never thought of trying them because I assumed they needed a different kind of injector. I have an adjustable (M4?) so they might work in that....

I've seen them in stores here (I live in Japan) but never thought of trying them because I assumed they needed a different kind of injector. I have an adjustable (M4?) so they might work in that....
Do you happen to remember the price in the store?

Thanks for the info.
Wow that is like $12, then why are they $30 for 10 here????

I always feel the same when ordering from the US or Canada. Saying that, EMS shipping at 2200 yen sounds about right for insured shipping. I sent my vote to the UK for the election last week and had to pay that for a couple of cards in an envelope.
Regular post is really good from here though and much more reasonably priced!

Some members have tried them in Type M (adjustable) and reported that they worked fine. I understand that anything after the ype L will work.

Thanks for the info.
Wow that is like $12, then why are they $30 for 10 here????

I don't believe their is a US distributor for these blades. If you order them on eBay they are shipping from Japan. The blades are about $14 in Japan for a 10 pack. You can then have that 10 pack shipped to US using the "slow boat" option which takes about 6 weeks. That costs about $4.00, for a total of $18. The packs are showing up on eBay for about $21 because the seller had to make a profit.

Top Bottom