What's new

🍂 🍁 🍎 🥧 “It’s Fall!” SOTD Theme Week - September 19th, 2022 to September 25th, 2022 🍂 🍁 🍎 🥧

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, September 23, 2022.

Floïd pre shave oil. Saponificio Varesino, Desert Vetiver: Shaving soap, balm aftershave & EdT. Carlos RUFIVK, CRV, “turquesa”, two bands badger & resin handle. Henckels Zwillingswerk, 19; carbon steel 6/8, custom scales, “esmeralda”.

E0053E3B-2F90-4416-942D-5853C5CD2C82.jpeg

Monday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Ingram
Razor: '55 Aristocrat
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Barbasol Brisk
Cologne / Fragrance: Sung Homme

Tuesday

Brush: Made Rite Pure Bristle #5
Cream: Arko Lemon
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Sung Homme

Wednesday

Cream: Taylor - Sandalwood
Blade: Astra SP
A/S: Stetson Cooling Moisture
Cologne / Fragrance: Drakkar Noir

Thursday

Soap: QED Special 218
A/S: Family Dollar Spice Scent
Cologne / Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic

Friday

Soap: QED B&B
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Silver Black

Mike

Friday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser /Baxter Beard Line Up Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84P
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: HAGS Facelift
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Hydrating Toner w Rosewater/Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra

proxy.php

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Parfums De Marly Gallaway EdP

Put the Semogue brush to the test with a triple-milled soap, and it passed with flying colours. It has slightly more backbone than my other Silvertip three-band brushes from H.L. Thäter, Shavemac, and Rooney. It doesn't tear into a hard soap like, say, a Simpson Chubby 2 or a Paladin, but has very decent attack, balanced with soft tips and a nicely judged splay. I think Semogue absolutely nailed it with this design, and it is pretty easy on the eye to boot.

The English-made Gillette Platinum Royal blades are brilliant. In my experience, they are the sharpest blade of the golden era (alongside maybe Gillette Swedes and Wilkinson Sword Light Brigades), but have a tactile blade feel, allowing you to achieve a very close and comfortable shave using a light touch. This blade works beautifully in the Blutt.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, SEptember 23 2022.

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC 50mm- excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping system that works, very enjoyable shaving + affordable to most. I receive excellent shaves with this razor.
Blade : Feather Pro AC 50mm- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Mountain lake 24mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Feather pro AC blade.
SOTD Septemper 23 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
• HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAVE
• RazoRock Lupo .95mm Open Comb SS.
• (Thanks to Guido for the Suggestion).
• Astra Superior Platinum (2).
• TOBS Grapefruit shaving cream.
• Captain’s Choice Copper bowl.
• Omega boar (fantastic brush).
• Proraso after shave balm for face.
• Proraso after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Splash of witchhaze post shave for face.

Today was my Birthday shave and I want to thank Guido for the suggestion to use my RazoRock .95 OC Stainless. I was reminded how much I enjoy this razor as it and the Astra blade (2) teamed up to perform an excellent WTG, XTG, and ATG shave. I could have stopped after the first WTG pass, but what fun is that especially for a Friday birthday shave. Absolutely no fuss and the judge agreed by awarding a strong 10. That Lupo .95 OC is very efficient for that hard area just under the nose. 30 minutes after the shave and there is no irritation. Hope everyone enjoys their Friday and the fast approaching weekend! “Have a great day- Have a great shave”. And thanks again Guido!!!!!!
Happy birthday and many more!:happybday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom